What a way to start the new year off

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Steaks Look Great, Chris Old Buddy!!!
Snow not so much!!!
Ours is all gone, except the huge plow pile in front of my House is now only about 4' high.
Like.

Bear

Steaks Look Great, Chris Old Buddy!!!
Snow not so much!!!
Ours is all gone, except the huge plow pile in front of my House is now only about 4' high.
Like.

Bear

Thanks John they were good even for being a tad overdone(for us). I'm lucky our driveway can be done easily with a snowblower. So we don't get those big piles that seem to last into the spring. That and our driveway is gravel and the one year I had someone plow I was picking up stones or throwing them with my lawn mower for a couple of years. Appreciate the like also.

Chris

I feeling that way also Jim. Back in the day when I had the snowmobile or was taking the kids sledding down the hill. The snow was fun. Now it's just another chore. Also thanks for the like.

PBR, GCA or a Gansett three of the best Craft brews out there. Seriously I'm normally a PBR drinker, but at .60 a can. I couldn't resist.

Chris
I drank those in high school and college until I visited Rochester and saw the water source. Haven't had one in 40 years.

Man that sure looks good Chris! I guess that was the "calm before the storm" lol. Now im kinda worried because it was beautiful here today......time will tell!

Those sure do look like a great way to start the year! Great looking steaks. I'm happy for one nice snowfall a year and the rest of the time would rather it be spring or summer.

Reactions: Fueling Around
Nice. Not over done for me. Needs more for my wife.

I did my last cook (pounded chicken breast) on the kettle a week ago before storing it in the garage.
We got our snow Monday night.
I hope your blower did the job. I had to do a carb kit before getting mine running yesterday. Shoveling sucks.

I drank those in high school and college until I visited Rochester and saw the water source. Haven't had one in 40 years.

Thanks for the tip and like daspyknows. The same can be said for a lot of things we ingest.

Man that sure looks good Chris! I guess that was the "calm before the storm" lol. Now im kinda worried because it was beautiful here today......time will tell!

Appreciate that Travis and for the like, I knew we were getting something rain or a lite snow, but I didn't think 6".

Chris

Those sure do look like a great way to start the year! Great looking steaks. I'm happy for one nice snowfall a year and the rest of the time would rather it be spring or summer.

We're used to snow. In the last few years we'd get dumped on and then it would melt away. I think this year is going to be like the old days. The snow will just keep piling up. Thanks for the kind words and like also.

Nice. Not over done for me. Needs more for my wife.

I did my last cook (pounded chicken breast) on the kettle a week ago before storing it in the garage.
We got our snow Monday night.
I hope your blower did the job. I had to do a carb kit before getting mine running yesterday. Shoveling sucks.

Both my wife and I like to see the nerve endings still twitching in our steaks. Anything beyond that is considered overdone. Thanks for the comment and like also.
Shoveling is the worst. Our driveway is about 3 trucks long and two wide. I used to shovel it by hand when we first moved in. I had to bring my blower into the shop earlier this year to get the pull cord and throttle cable fixed. Glad I did. I also think I jinxed myself by starting it the day before the snow flew.

Chris

Reactions: Fueling Around
Chris that looks great I'm glad the snow turned into rain earlier here
Richie

Chris that looks great I'm glad the snow turned into rain earlier here
Richie

Thank you very much Richie. If it rains up here this time of year that usually means freezing rain. So I prefer the snow. It was just kind of a shocker waking up in the morning. Appreciate the like also.

Chris

Thank you very much Richie. If it rains up here this time of year that usually means freezing rain. So I prefer the snow. It was just kind of a shocker waking up in the morning. Appreciate the like also.

Chris

When I was snowblowing my whole driveway, I hated when it rained on top of the snow. It sucks blowing slush with a 42" snowblower.

Bear

Looks good but have to agree with you a bit over done but then again I had been a bit over done myself. :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

Warren

Totally agree Warren. I let both of these get the best of me. Thanks for the like, chuckle and kind words.

Looks top notch Chris, nice cook!

Appreciate that WiHB and for the like. They were good - just not quite up to snuff.

Chris

When I was snowblowing my whole driveway, I hated when it rained on top of the snow. It sucks blowing slush with a 42" snowblower.

Bear

Slush is hard on a blower, but it's even harder on a shovelers' back. I hope we don't see slush this year.

Chrsi

Shoveling is the worst. Our driveway is about 3 trucks long and two wide. I used to shovel it by hand when we first moved in. I had to bring my blower into the shop earlier this year to get the pull cord and throttle cable fixed. Glad I did. I also think I jinxed myself by starting it the day before the snow flew.
Got the last of my shovel piles cleaned up today.
Yep 3 long and 3 wide for me, plus I do much of next door neighbor. Then I do the kids across the street of 2 long and 2 wide.
Then I take down the banks from the city plow. We usually don't get a melt until 3-4 months later.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky