What’s on the Super Bowl Menu?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I still don't know if it's SuperBowl or "The Big Game"
It’s actually the “Swifty” Bowl this year. Kind of a gag event. The food should take center stage.

Smoked pork tenderloin with some type of glaze. Was thinking a blackberry jam or something similar.
Sounds great. What for sides?

6 racks of pork ribs with wicked beans and mac-n-cheese...There is only 2 of us, but the neighbors tend to mosey on over when the smoke is rolling.
That sounds delicious, and nice you are taking care of the neighbors. That’s what it’s all about.

dual-chamber-bbq-trailer-bm-d-3-1.jpg

+

002%2F6001%2F4143%2Fproducts%2Fswiftribs_2048x2048.png

There is a joke in there somewhere.....

No grills or smokers on deck here... We plan to have a low country boil with crab, shrimp, some mystery fish from Florida that I didn't label, andouille sausage, corn with a cob in it, taters, and onions. I'll fry up some hushpuppies too.

It's also just going to be me and the bride this weekend. Our boys come to town the following weekend and they want the same thing. Sucks huh? :emoji_sunglasses:

No grills or smokers on deck here... We plan to have a low country boil with crab, shrimp, some mystery fish from Florida that I didn't label, andouille sausage, corn with a cob in it, taters, and onions. I'll fry up some hushpuppies too.

It's also just going to be me and the bride this weekend. Our boys come to town the following weekend and they want the same thing. Sucks huh? :emoji_sunglasses:
You are speaking my language there, Cranky...😋

For our zoo, it's fondue. Not a big fan, or even a small fan, of fondue, but I didn't make the plans nor am I doing any of the prep work. Just show up and act like I like it. I did hear that there will be chicken nuggets available...

Reactions: SmokinEdge
The other week I was left to fend dinner for myself and decided on rib-eye. Turned out it was one of my best efforts, at least as far as I can remember. Fast forward, wife and I will sit down to the same at kick off.

I'm going to a gun show in Va Beach. Far more entertaining than anything the NFL has to offer. Food wise, it's looking like sausage and eggs for supper tomorrow, but I do have a pork butt defrosted in the garage fridge... can't smoke it as its gonna be raining cats and dogs (says our local ersatz weather people) so maybe a plan b... hmmm.

Bryce has talked me into ribs, wings, queso, and jalapeno poppers and veg tray for him and some friends hes invited over. A house full of teenage boys....Should be an interesting afternoon!

Jim

We are having a taco bar, making some queso, sadly not smoked, rain and MES dont play well together, taquitos and soms mexican 7 layer dip, just for 3 of us. Oh to wash it all down, some Negro Modelo.

Made up some pizza dough yesterday evening to slow ferment in the fridge for two days, planning on pizza here (making a few extra doughs for the neighbor so she can have a couple of pizzas).

Not really invested in either team, will listen to the game and play with my food...

I still don't know if it's SuperBowl or "The Big Game"
I think it's just another stop on the "Eras" tour.

I don't care much about football, but a neighbor hosts a nice party every year; I've been tapped to bring smoked appetizers.

So on the WSM I'm cooking one rack full of ABTs, and one rack full of sausage-stuffed mushrooms, the stuffing also containing a bit of sautéed onion and jalapeño, plus a bit of parmigiano reggiano cheese.

Mrs. Smoke had oral surgery last week and can’t chew. So, I’m going to try smoked meatloaf for the first time. I’ll smoke it today since it is supposed to rain Sunday. Our other Super Bowl friend has a broken leg and can’t travel so it will be just us this year.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky