Well, I'm going pro

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've been lurking this forum for a while now, so I feel I have the authorization to post this.

I've been a back yard BBQ pit master for quite a few years now.  I started a catering business about 2 years ago, which did well.  I've decided to go pro - my own BBQ joint.

Jeff's Texas Style BBQ will be opening in early January in Marysville, WA.  Yeah, I know what you're thinking...but I'm doing it Austin authentic.  Post Oak imported from Texas, all wood smoking, CAB beef, meat by the pound on butcher paper on trays...the whole deal.  If you've ever been to the BBQ joints in Central Texas, you know what I'm talking about, and doing up here in Washington.  A sign in my joint says "Welcome to Austin NW".  I'm hoping to offer my customers a true Central Texas BBQ experience.  I think it will be a lot of fun.  Wish me luck - it's not going to be easy.  Advice is welcome and appreciated, especially from experienced BBQ joint owners.

Keep smokin',

Jeff

Congratulation and good luck! It is a huge step and no small investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW

THAT IS AWESOME! Congratulations [emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji]

A Big Congrats from East Texas. You are doing it right. The rest of the Country need to be exposed to Texas style Brisket

Great job

Gary

Fantastic job, Jeff! I knew it from the first moment I tasted it. 
first.gif

What a great forum we have here!  So glad to be a part of it!

Oh, and Dirtsailor203  -  we're doing the beef plate ribs on Saturdays now instead of Fridays - they sell out so fast that most customers who work on Friday never had a chance.  Now they all have a chance!

Thanks again to all - it has been quite a ride!

Jeff

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky