Well, I finally did it....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clubmanager

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 19, 2020
After a lot of hand-wringing, I finally bought a Smokin' Brothers Premier Plus 30"; the 'barn' version. Found it brand new a couple hours away for a very good price so thought I'd give it a go. Currently aiming for a Thursday delivery so hope to put it to use this weekend!!

I kept coming back to SB as I like the front-load pellet hopper, their controller, reputation and finally....made in the USA! These things are expensive but at $1500 delivered with two bags of pellets, the 'heatwaves' (or whatever they're called) and a cover, it was too good a deal to pass up.

Many thanks to anyone who responded to my numerous 'what to buy' type posts.....and sorry to have wasted anyone's time. I'll still keep my 'free' Masterbuilt Electric as after some trial/error and learning, it is now somewhat predictable and has worked 100% of the time; haven't had a bad meal out of it yet.

Enjoy and take time to learn it . I bought a SmokeFire in July of '21 and use it constantly . Never thought I would have a pellet grill / smoker .

After a lot of hand-wringing, I finally bought a Smokin' Brothers Premier Plus 30"; the 'barn' version. Found it brand new a couple hours away for a very good price so thought I'd give it a go. Currently aiming for a Thursday delivery so hope to put it to use this weekend!!

I kept coming back to SB as I like the front-load pellet hopper, their controller, reputation and finally....made in the USA! These things are expensive but at $1500 delivered with two bags of pellets, the 'heatwaves' (or whatever they're called) and a cover, it was too good a deal to pass up.

Many thanks to anyone who responded to my numerous 'what to buy' type posts.....and sorry to have wasted anyone's time. I'll still keep my 'free' Masterbuilt Electric as after some trial/error and learning, it is now somewhat predictable and has worked 100% of the time; haven't had a bad meal out of it yet.
Congrats!!!

If you want to turn that MES smoker into a sausage, bacon, jerky, and cold smoking beast let us know.

At $160 PID controller and cutting 4 wire ends to then wire nut into 2 whole wires with that MES, and you have a beast of an electric that holds temp right on with no swings and will blow your mind!

Congrats!!!

If you want to turn that MES smoker into a sausage, bacon, jerky, and cold smoking beast let us know.

At $160 PID controller and cutting 4 wire ends to then wire nut into 2 whole wires with that MES, and you have a beast of an electric that holds temp right on with no swings and will blow your mind!
Thanks! Yes, I keep reading about it and putting it off; sounds like a good winter project!

Reactions: tallbm
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky