Well here I go finally coming out

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

garyt

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
I joined a long time ago and have been reading and getting a lot of good advice and help for a long time but never introduced myself. I have had a MR Meat bullet type smoker for over 20 years and never had any success in the couple of times I used it. When my gas grill at my camper died I went to Menards to buy a new one and saw a New Braunfels offset. I was like a 16 year old looking at a Corvette, called my wife and she said No! We don't have the room and she wanted a small gas grill. So I bought the gas one and did what any true male would do, pouted like a baby till she said go back and buy it. It became my new hobby. I had someone who was a EXPERT teach me how to use it. He told me to keep the vents closed and that there was enough leakage around the doors to let smoke out, Want to Know how that worked out? But thanks to coming here with the help of you fine folks! I think I am getting pretty good, no complaints at home just more requests. So many in fact I bought a third smoker a Smoke Hallow propane for home and during the winter, did a 13 pound turkey last weekend brined and injected to rave reviews and tomorrow, Thanksgiving I am making pulled pork because my wife and 3 girls are going visiting the in-laws for the day leaving me alone with my black lab and my smoker for the day and for that I am truly thankful. Don't get me wrong I love them all! But me home alone, All day , smoker, black lab, PACKER GAME hey I am in Wisconsin. Boy I hope this gets posted. I can fix a machine I can fix a computer but I cant figure email out. Machines are easier or I am getting older Once again thank you everyone you will never know how much your posts that I have been reading have helped. I would have kept my vents closed and quit using my smoker with out your help

Hey Gary, glad you pretty much got things figured out.
icon_smile.gif
I wonder how many "EXPERTS" advice have given people a good case of the "screamin sh*ts" or, WORSE?
icon_eek.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

Welcome Gary -

Glad yo decided to join us! You just keep reading and ask a few questions as they come up and take lots of pictures of you smokes!

GO PACKERS!

I have been married for 20 years , second time for both of us. never belived in love at first sight until I met her I still belive

Dang, Gary, you sound like a pretty decent guy.

Anyone who has progressed to the advanced levels of pouting, is all right by me. In fact, pouting is one of my most often employed and successful techniques.
tongue.gif

Hope you and your family have a very enjoyable Thanksgiving and I welcome you to SMF.

Skip

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky