• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Well, Crap!

bigfurmn

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 25, 2016
I won't put the snow blower until at least May 1st. I've had a blizzard and a tornado warning in the same week. Gotta love Minnesota. Can hit -70 and 105 in the same year!!!

Fueling Around

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 10, 2018
I also lived in southern Indiana on the Ohio River.
Winters tolerable, but summer sucked. Humidity and heat....
I won't put the snow blower until at least May 1st. I've had a blizzard and a tornado warning in the same week. Gotta love Minnesota. Can hit -70 and 105 in the same year!!!
You're in the tropical zone?

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I fished in Pennsylvania nearly all of my life. Trout season always opened on the closest Saturday to April 15th. I can remember years where I was soaking wet from sweating on the first day, and I remember years where I couldn't cast my line without first dipping the rod into the Cold trout stream to melt the ice that forms in the "Eyes" between casts.

Bear

cal1956

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 14, 2015
i don't consider snow season over until May 15 here in Colorado !!!

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 23, 2011
Seattle is having a mini summer this week: highs in the mid to upper 70s. It's been wonderful, but I was only able to fire up the smoker once. We're about to revert back to a cool spring for the weekend: mid 50s and rainy. We might not see the sun again until June.
True enough. My cherry and peach trees are in full bloom right now, and I hope the weather will be mild enough so that they bear fruit. I got an early, indoor start on some tomatoes and pumpkin seeds in 5 gal buckets, as it seems like summer always runs out of steam before they mature. But it was so nice, I put them outside a few days ago. Hope that wasn't a mistake.

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
We got 2" of snow three days ago and 2" again last night. Temp is staying below freezing at night. Yesterday, I was thinking about putting a charger on the lawnmower and cleaning up some of the dead grass clippings, but I think I'll wait another week or so.
Gary

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.