Weekend smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

backporchq

Original poster
Oct 30, 2016
Charleston,SC
New to the smoker setup but treates myself based on all the great info to an 18" WSM. Loving it so far. 2 butts, wings, pork belly and ribs and a chicken so far. Need a good dual probe thermometer any suggestions? I see a lot of talk about the ET732 and 733 is thi the best option?

Welcome to the group!! The weber wsm is a great smoker for sure!! As for meat thermometers I use the Maverick 733 and has worked well for me the past couple of years. Replaced the meat probe once. Two years of faithful service so to only replace a probe in two years is no biggie. However I think my next purchase will be the Thermapen smoke. I'm hoping to hold off though until they release the gateway for it in 2017. I see you got some great advice in your post about thermometers. So I think you are on the right path.

I have an ET 733 for three years now, and just replaced one of the probes.  I also have a Thermapen and LOVE it!  If they are making a remote probe I am definitely interested.

Mike

Welcome to SMF!

Glad to have you with us!

I have a couple of Maverick's & they have performed very well over the years.

However I just received the new Smoke from Thermoworks & it is worth the extra money.

Everything about it is high quality just like the Thermapen.

Unlike the Mav's, it is very easy to program & it's built like a tank.

It can be calibrated & the probes are very accurate & almost instant read.

Al

Reactions: rdwhahb
After x3 smokes with the aid of the smoke thermometer I have felt more confident with my cook times and temps the ambient temp is spot on and I can really lock in my temps pretty good. Now I'm wondering what mods I can added to my WSM 18" for efficiency. Saw a lot of talk about gasket kit and a few others. Thoughts?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky