Weekend Sausage Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beer-b-q

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 1, 2007
Here is some sausage we did this weekend, it turned out great. This was not some that I stuffed but from Krizman's House of Sausage which is only a couple blocks away... For store bought sausage they can't be beaten...

The BBQ sausage has a fine texture and is the sausage sold to many area restaurants including Oklahoma Joes and Arthur Bryants, they also sell it to many of the competition teams around... If you are close to the Kansas City area I would highly suggest trying some.

The apple wood smoke was the perfect match for this, not too strong and not to light...
My neighbor and our handyman loved it and it didn't take long to disappear...

AMNS

Smoked with Apple Dust

AMNS Smoker Generator

Polish Sausage on top BBQ Underneath for comparison

BBQ Sausage

BBQ Sausage

BBQ Sausage

Polish Sausage

Polish Sausage

Polish Sausage on Top Shelf BBQ Sausage on Bottom Shelf

BBQ Sausage

BBQ Sausage

BBQ Sausage Finished

BBQ Sausage Finished

BBQ Sausage Finished

Polish Sausage Bad Image

Polish Sausage Finished

Kansas City, Kansas - Krizman's House of Sausage has been producing ethnic sausages since 1939 and supplies a number of Kansas City restaurants, including Oklahoma Joe's Barbecue and Arthur Bryant's BBQ. Although Krizman's has a Croatian heritage, they also produce a number of other ethnic sausages and knockwurst. My personal favorite (and Krizman's best seller) is the smoked Polish sausage.

Open Tuesday through Saturday. 424 North 6th Street - (913) 371-3185.

food05.jpg

icon_cool.gif

Now that's some fine looking sausage there Paul. I really like the BBQ sausage. It just looks good and juicy too. 

Those are really nice!! Whats in the barbque ones? Which do you prefer? Enqiring minds wanna know
Not sure what is in them as I stated these were store bought sausage. I will try to find out though. 

I really like the BBQ Sausage as it has a little different texture and flavor from the regular Polish.  It is what a lot of the local restaurants buy and use on their menus.

That was a heck of a Qview for sausage. Looks like they turned out really good. Shall I PM you my shipping address?
icon_lol.gif
Thanks for the comment... Sure you never know what may come in the mail or UPS.

fabulous looking sausage...my brother only lives about 5 miles from the store.  I will have to make a trip there on my next visit to KC...
While you are in KC you might also want to check out Bichelmeyer Meats.  Both Krizman and bichelmeyer are closed on Sunday and Monday...
[size=+1]The Bichelmeyer Meat Market [/size][size=+1]in Kansas City, Kansas opened in 1946 and is operated today by Joe and Jim Bichelmeyer. [/size]
[size=+1]In addition to being a full service butcher shop, the Bichelmeyers also raise cattle, and offer custom slaughtering, aging. and smoking. Bichelmeyer Meats smoke slim Jims, beef jerky, 12 kinds of sausage, 7 kinds of bacon , pork loin and pork chops. [/size]

[size=+1]Open Tuesday through Saturday. 704 Cheyenne Avenue,[/size]
[size=+1]Kansas City, Kansas 66105 (913) 342-5945[/size]
08bichelmeyerfood.jpg

Those look great Paul. You are a lucky man to have a great market close by. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky