Weber Sandwich (Best way to make)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Weber Sandwich (Best way to make)

OK Guys, I’ve made this Sammy a number of times to show you, but usually with Leftover Chipped Steak, after making a few Cheesesteaks for the first Night’s Supper.
Now I’m going to show you the way I came up with years ago, when my main purpose is to get a Great tasting Weber Sammy or 2.
I won't bore you with the History of the "Weber" this time, about the year it originated, and who it was named after, and the name of the Shop that started it, and just say it originated in my Home Town Birth Place of “Quakertown, Pennsylvania”.

The amounts of each ingredient are dependent on how big or how many Sammies you will be making:
Step #1. Tear up some Lettuce, and put it in a Bowl.
Step #2. Cut up some Tomato pieces (Here it isn’t a big deal if the Mater isn’t Garden Fresh).
Step #3. After Browning and lightly frying some Chip Steak (Shredded Beef Steak), toss it in the bowl.
Step #4. Toss in some Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, and nuke the bowl, while the Cheese is on top.
Step #5. After Nuking, Stir until ingredients are distributed throughout the bowl.
Step #6. Move however much of this mix into Rolls that have been coated on the inside with Miracle Whip (or Mayo if you like it bland).
Step #7. Nuke until the Sammy is heated to the point you like your Sammy to be.

Note: I made mine open face, because I had a lot of stuff to squeeze into my rolls, and I had to eat it with a Fork.
If you put a little less guts in, you can close it & pick it up & eat it like a Philly Cheesesteak, the way it’s actually meant to be eaten.

This may sound strange, but unlike a Normal Philly Cheesesteak, nothing else is included in a Weber, unless you order it special.
No Sauce, other than MW or Mayo, no Onions, No Peppers, No Mushrooms, No Pickles, or anything else, other than the things I included in my 7 Steps above.

However Pickles are often included on the side.

Thanks for Stopping by,

Bear

Tear up some Lettuce & put it in a Bowl:
IMG_5867.jpeg

Cut up some Mater & add that to the Lettuce in the Bowl:
IMG_5868.jpeg

Add the browned Chip Steak to the Bowl (Mix Lightly):
IMG_5869.jpeg

Add some Shredded Mozzarella, and Nuke the Bowl, while the Cheese is on top. Stir Mix after Nuking:
IMG_5871.jpeg

Coat insides of Rolls with Miracle Whip, or Mayo:
IMG_5870.jpeg

Move however much of this mix you want into Rolls: EAT UP !!!!
IMG_5872.jpeg

Wow Bear. Simple but looks really good. Not to sure about nuked lettuce but if you're doing it, can't be all bad now can it? :emoji_wink:

Robert

Like some cheese steak. Looks great.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Wow Bear. Simple but looks really good. Not to sure about nuked lettuce but if you're doing it, can't be all bad now can it? :emoji_wink:

Robert

Thank You Robert!!
If you never did it, I could see why you would wonder about "Nuking Lettuce". I like it better heated in a hot sandwich than cold lettuce. For many years we would buy Webers at Steak Shops, and when you get them home they would be cold, so I'd Nuke mine. It actually makes the Lettuce taste sweeter when you heat it. I love it.
And this method is the best I've come up with for making My Webers.
There is only one place that I know of that makes a Weber as good as mine, and that is "The Pub" in Quakertown PA, in the same Shopping Center as "Smitties" used to be, which is where the Weber originated.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Wow! Kind of unusual way to make a sandwich but looks very nice! Got to try this recipe before this weekend....

Thank You Push!!!
That's Great---Let me know how you like it.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Just giving this another look . Been wanting to give these a try .
This might be the day .

My sons workin today . Just looked to see what I had on hand , just ordered the rest for him to bring home . Gonna smoke a beef knuckle then slice thin for the meat . These look so good I can't wait .

Last edited:
Just giving this another look . Been wanting to give these a try .
This might be the day .

My sons workin today . Just looked to see what I had on hand , just ordered the rest for him to bring home . Gonna smoke a beef knuckle then slice thin for the meat . These look so good I can't wait .

That's Great, Rich!! You'll love it !!
Stick to the script for the first try:
unlike a Normal Philly Cheesesteak, nothing else is included in a Weber:
No Sauce, other than MW or Mayo, no Onions, No Peppers, No Mushrooms, No Pickles, or anything else, other than the things I included in my 7 Steps above.

However Pickles are often included on the side.

Don't forget the "Report" & Pics. :emoji_mask:

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky