Weber performer questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Who has the Weber performer cart? Thinking about adding one to my collection. But my question is.....How does it compare height wise to the regular kettle? Is it taller? Im 6-4 and would like something a little taller than the regular kettle height. If the performer isnt any taller I may just build a cart to raise up my existing kettle to where I want it.
Thanks,
Jim

Who has the Weber performer cart? Thinking about adding one to my collection. But my question is.....How does it compare height wise to the regular kettle? Is it taller? Im 6-4 and would like something a little taller than the regular kettle height.
I have one and absolutely love it. Also, I'm 6' 4" like you and have no issues with the height of the grill. Never cooked on a standard kettle without the cart though so can't make an honest comparison. One of the many beautiful things about the 22" Performer (as with any 22" kettle) is that there are tons of toys you can get to make in an amazingly versatile cooker. Although I have a nice collection of cookers, if I could only have one, it would without question be my Weber. Tell ya what Jim, just drop by one weekend soon and try mine out before pulling the trigger to buy one :emoji_wink: Something to consider if you have an Amazon account: if you buy it and don't like it, you can always send it back for a full refund.

Robert

Who has the Weber performer cart? Thinking about adding one to my collection.
Just remember that there are 3 configurations of a charcoal performer .
1. Performer
2. Performer Premium
3. Performer Deluxe

Mine will be the last cooker to leave here,bought the son 1 a few years ago that has the center removable grate, not sure he has bought the wok or any other xtra stuff for it but its a nice addition

Jim, I'm gonna toss this out there. The 26" kettle is about 430.00 spondulicks. While the 22" performers run about 450.00 spondulicks and up. I'd considor the 26" kettle and either build a table or just get a small exterior side table. You'll enjoy the extra real estate you get with the 26".

Chris

Reactions: clifish
Jim, I'm gonna toss this out there. The 26" kettle is about 430.00 spondulicks. While the 22" performers run about 450.00 spondulicks and up. I'd considor the 26" kettle and either build a table or just get a small exterior side table. You'll enjoy the extra real estate you get with the 26".
Chris makes an excellent point here. My issues when considering getting a kettle were the number of accessories available and the fact that most times I'm just cooking for 2 people. Based on those, I went with the 22. If you need the extra real estate, give serious consideration to what Chris noted. Bear in mind though, I don't believe there are nearly as many available upgrades for the 26 as there are for the 22. If that's not a concern the additional space on the 26 is a huge factor.You can cook a small amount of food on a big cooker but you can't cook a large amount of food on a small one :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: JLeonard
Thanks for the replies folks...Been searching and found one at the Home Depot. May stop by there on the way home and check it out.
Jim

Chris makes an excellent point here. My issues when considering getting a kettle were the number of accessories available and the fact that most times I'm just cooking for 2 people. Based on those, I went with the 22. If you need the extra real estate, give serious consideration to what Chris noted. Bear in mind though, I don't believe there are nearly as many available upgrades for the 26 as there are for the 22. If that's not a concern the additional space on the 26 is a huge factor.You can cook a small amount of food on a big cooker but you can't cook a large amount of food on a small one :emoji_wink:

Robert
Robert, I'm not sure that holds true anymore. They make rotisseries, pizza ovens, the Vortex, and the SnS for the 26" now. I've probably missed some, but those are the main four.

Chris

Robert, I'm not sure that holds true anymore. They make rotisseries, pizza ovens, the Vortex, and the SnS for the 26" now. I've probably missed some, but those are the main four.
Appreciate the heads-up Chris. It's been several years since I researched and ultimately bought mine. With the 26 growing in popularity it stands to reason that the after market stuff would become more readily available.

Robert

Reactions: gmc2003
Jim, I think your son alone needs the 26! :emoji_laughing:
Looking forward to what you decide.

Ryan

I have the performer deluxe.
IMG_0351.jpg

Absolutely love it. I also have the rotisserie set up for it.

That's our job Jim. Smoking wouldn't be as much fun if it was easy
Chris is correct once again. We are The Enablers and we are here for you: load the patio full of cookers, load the freezer(s) with meat, and deplete the bank account. That is our sole purpose in life and you're the latest victim :emoji_laughing:

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky