Weber Kettle 22" Master Touch

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have MANY smokers. When I do a brisket, 22” Weber is my go to! Snake pattern the coals and let the time release work for you. I have a stainless 4” riser ring and pins so I can lift the cook grate higher. Mine is homemade about 25 years ago. Now you can get them on Amazon.
Enjoy the new tool. Happy Bday

Last edited:
A good burger is hard to beat. Congrats on the new Kettle

Chris

Reactions: chopsaw
Congrats on the kettle purchase. Man that thing is a swiss army knife of a cooker. SO much you can do with it. and the accessories for it are limitless. I'm with 6GRILLZNTN 6GRILLZNTN ....go ahead and get a vortex. its a wing machine!

Jim

I'm with Chris . Burgers and hotdogs .
Learn and use it as is before you start buying gadgets . That way you have a starting point .
I would get a nice cover for it , and if it didn't come with the Weber baskets , I'd grab a set of those too .
Enjoy !

If you don't have one. A small plastic putty knife comes in real handy for cleaning any build up you get.

Chris

Look forward to your cooks... and congratulations!

Somewhere here there are some informative threads on using them for long cooks. Pretty sure chopsaw chopsaw has illustrated how he does it and maybe gmc2003 gmc2003 . Currently having a brain fart, and don't remember what it's called, but layering two to three rows of charcoal around the outside along with wood chunks mixed in... starting those with just a few lit coals.

Ryan

Somewhere here there are some informative threads on using them for long cooks.
I just dug that thread up for someone the other day . I'll have to find it again . Busy right now trying to get heat stroke working in the yard before " it gets hot "
Here's a pic of the start of a snake .
1690468838948.png

I just dug that thread up for someone the other day . I'll have to find it again . Busy right now trying to get heat stroke working in the yard before " it gets hot "
Here's a pic of the start of a snake .
View attachment 671742
Ah yes... the snake method! Thanks Rich! Couldn't think of that to save my butt earlier!

Ryan

Long ago, I smoked chicken on my Kettle. I put the charcoal baskets on both sides with a drip pan down the middle. Put 25 lit coals in each basket. Made some really good yardbird. I think it would be a good first cook is you want to smoke something, but to grill, hard to beat a burger.

Thanks all, I plan to stop at Fareway (Iowa based grocery store chain) and get some natural casing dogs tomorrow. It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Hopping it won't take too long to put together when I get home from work.

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky