Weather proofing my Auber PID HELP!! Tell me your MOD.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dwaytkus

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 9, 2013
Hudson Falls, NY
I recently acquired an Auber PID for my MES 30.  

I want to weather proof it some how so I dont' have to worry about rain during an overnight smoke or snow or the elements that could ruin this expensive device.   I have done some searching but couldn't find anything.

How are you guys doing this?   Can you point me to a post?  PIcs?

Thanks,

Dan

Mine is on a covered patio, so it is not as exposed as it would be. If I am going to leave it out all night I just use a large enough Tupperware bowl turned upside down, with a brick on it for weight, to cover it incase of wind blown snow or rain.
Keep Smokin!!!
Wolf

Last edited:
IMHO a ziplock bag is not a good idea, there is a SSR in side the controller that needs some air to stay cool. The ziplock may restrict to much air if ziped tightly around the cords. The bowl sits up on top of the cords and alows some air in under it. Granted the bag would waterproof it better but may shorten the life of the controler. Heck now that I just typed that I realize it probably is not a good idea to use the Tupperware either, it may shorten the life also! Will be watching to see if anyone else has ideas!
Keep Smokin!!!
Wolf

Last edited:
Someone on here has to of come up with some engineering genius for this.......Hopefully.  
drool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky