Weather not looking good.. Better get my boots and shovel ready..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tyotrain

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
Upstate new york
.. WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM WEDNESDAY TO 7 AM EST THURSDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BURLINGTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM WEDNESDAY TO 7 AM EST THURSDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* LOCATIONS... NORTHERN NEW YORK AND VERMONT.

* HAZARD TYPES... HEAVY SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS... 8 TO 14 INCHES ACROSS THE CHAMPLAIN AND SAINT LAWRENCE VALLEYS WITH 12 TO 20 INCHES.

* TIMING... SNOW WILL REDEVELOP AFTER MIDNIGHT WEDNESDAY AND END THURSDAY MORNING. THE HEAVIEST SNOW WILL FALL DURING THE DAYTIME HOURS ON WEDNESDAY.

* IMPACTS... HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CAN BE EXPECTED TUESDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

* WINDS... EAST TO NORTHEAST AROUND 5 TO 10 MPH.

* TEMPERATURES... HIGHS 15 TO 25. LOWS AROUND 10 ABOVE.

* VISIBILITIES... 1/4 MILE OR LESS AT TIMES DURING THE DAYTIME HOURS ON WEDNESDAY.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT... FOOD... AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

Sounds like you're in for a blast and not a pleasant one. Winter hasn't been kind for many parts of the country this year. Be careful out there. 

We are supposed to get hit with this same storm...

Be safe up there!!

I don't miss upstate weather at all. I do read the Watertown times.

That keeps me up with all I need to know.

Craig

Thanks guys and i will be safe work is just across the road so i will not be driving..
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

It was 60 yesterday and now its snowing one thing for sure about New Mexico and that is if you don't like the weather just wait 15 minutes and it'll change. lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky