N.E Smokers get ready for another storm, I'm stocking up on smoke now!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fire it up

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 24, 2009
South Jersey
Here we go again...some of you may know some may not but the folks in my general area sure know about it.
Another storm coming, this one is shaping up to be worse than the last one...Gotta love those Nor'easters huh?
Sustained winds of 27mph with gusts up to 52.
This is our current warning...

... BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM FRIDAY TO 7 PM EST SATURDAY...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD WARNING... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM FRIDAY TO 7 PM EST SATURDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.
A STORM SYSTEM DEVELOPING OVER THE GULF OF MEXICO TODAY WILL PASS OFF THE CAROLINA COAST FRIDAY NIGHT AND THEN CONTINUE TO THE NORTHEAST ON SATURDAY. SNOW FROM THIS SYSTEM WILL OVERSPREAD THE REGION FROM SOUTH TO NORTH FRIDAY AFTERNOON... THEN CONTINUE THROUGH MUCH OF SATURDAY. SNOWFALL TOTALS OF 12 TO 18 INCHES ARE EXPECTED NEAR THE DELAWARE AND CENTRAL NEW JERSEY COAST WITH UP TO 24 INCHES POSSIBLE OVER SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY AND THE CENTRAL DELMARVA. STRENGTHENING WINDS FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY WILL CREATE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW WHICH WILL REDUCE VISIBILITIES TO UNDER ONE- QUARTER MILE AT TIMES.

Got a butt finished and resting and finishing up some turkey taco chipotle sausage (store bought with some of my rub) since we are likely to be snowed in for at least 24 hours...
mad.gif

If the power goes out at least I have charcoal and propane to keep me warm
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

My kids asked me what I'm smoking in this one.
icon_lol.gif
Hadn't given it much thought until they asked, now I'm kind of thinking about it.
icon_twisted.gif
They already think I'm nuts anyhow. They'll have to do the shoveling though.

Good luck. Be safe and stay warm...It just dumped on us all morning and day. Flooded down this way.

Hang in there all! Man, that much snow at once is not a good thing...still have bare ground here...got maybe 1/4" of snow this afternoon and it was almost gone by sunset. We'll get a good dose or 3 later towards spring for sure.

Take care, stay warm and keep that smoker happy!

Hey Dawn, you know that you have a pretty serious smoking problem when you haven't thought about what to smoke during a blizzard, especially when the kids have to remind you about it! LOL!!!!!!!!

Eric

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky