We have been craving fried bologna sandwiches-Bologna with qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So many things and recipes, so little time.

I've got to get up my nerve and try sausages.

Great looking stuff Sir, my compliments on your work.

Keep on smokin'                     Ed

So many things and recipes, so little time.

I've got to get up my nerve and try sausages.

Great looking stuff Sir, my compliments on your work.

Keep on smokin'                     Ed
Thanks Ed,

I appreciate it!

Al

Nice looking stuff, Al. Love fried bologna and growing up ate a lot of fried liver sausage as well.
icon14.gif

Looks great! I get a great store brand locally but would like to learn to make one that tastes close for a future move out of the area.

Lettuce and Mayo? Never had it that way, but the last 50 years it's been Fried Bologna on a Kaiser Roll with a BIG pile of Fried ONIONS! 
yahoo.gif
 Dang now I got a Taste and none in the refer!...JJ
I have a good recipe for a Midwest style ring bologna. PM me if interested.

Al this post reminded me of my childhood of hauling hay till late at night when my uncle would pull up with fried bologna sandwiches. The were hand sliced off the "tube" so they were good and thick. Now you have led me down another wormhole on this forum!!!

Al, I've just got to say that that bologna looks sooooooo much better than any you can buy in a store.  Beautiful.  Seems like everyone grew up eating fried bologna.  I like mine fried a LOT longer than that--get some of that good char on it.

POIMTS!!!!!

Gary

Al, I've just got to say that that bologna looks sooooooo much better than any you can buy in a store.  Beautiful.  Seems like everyone grew up eating fried bologna.  I like mine fried a LOT longer than that--get some of that good char on it.

POIMTS!!!!!

Gary
Thanks Gary!

I usually cook it a little longer too, as I like the char also.

Judy & I were sooo hungry I just took it off, and we ate!  
icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the point, Buddy!

Al this post reminded me of my childhood of hauling hay till late at night when my uncle would pull up with fried bologna sandwiches. The were hand sliced off the "tube" so they were good and thick. Now you have led me down another wormhole on this forum!!!
Glad I could bring back some good memories!!

Al

My Dad used to slice it about a 1/2 " thick and throw it on the grill . Char it up and hit it with some sauce and Falstaff . So good . Did the same thing with spam . 

My Dad used to slice it about a 1/2 " thick and throw it on the grill . Char it up and hit it with some sauce and Falstaff . So good . Did the same thing with spam . 
Sounds like a great idea, never tried it on the grill. Boy does Falstaff bring back memories!

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky