1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

We have been craving fried bologna sandwiches-Bologna with qview

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by SmokinAl, Feb 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. smokinpapist

smokinpapist Smoke Blower

It somehow seems completely appropriate that you quote Dante's Inferno on a BBQ forum. :)

2. smokeymose

smokeymose Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

And I'd bet Dante appreciated a good Pastrami !

3. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Good bologna too!

Al

4. gearjammer

gearjammer Master of the Pit

So many things and recipes, so little time.

I've got to get up my nerve and try sausages.

Great looking stuff Sir, my compliments on your work.

Keep on smokin'                     Ed

5. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Thanks Ed,

I appreciate it!

Al

6. chewmeister

chewmeister Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Nice looking stuff, Al. Love fried bologna and growing up ate a lot of fried liver sausage as well. [​IMG]

7. chewmeister

chewmeister Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

I have a good recipe for a Midwest style ring bologna. PM me if interested.

8. SmokinAl

Thanks Jon,

I ate a lot of fried liver & onions growing up, but never liver sausage.

Al

9. WaterinHoleBrew

WaterinHoleBrew Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member

Looks tasty Al, very nice ! Thumbs Up

10. SmokinAl

Thank-you my friend!

And thank-you for the point!

Al

11. dzldawg

dzldawg Fire Starter

Al this post reminded me of my childhood of hauling hay till late at night when my uncle would pull up with fried bologna sandwiches. The were hand sliced off the "tube" so they were good and thick. Now you have led me down another wormhole on this forum!!!

12. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Al, I've just got to say that that bologna looks sooooooo much better than any you can buy in a store.  Beautiful.  Seems like everyone grew up eating fried bologna.  I like mine fried a LOT longer than that--get some of that good char on it.

POIMTS!!!!!

Gary

13. SmokinAl

Thanks Gary!

I usually cook it a little longer too, as I like the char also.

Judy & I were sooo hungry I just took it off, and we ate!  [​IMG]

Thanks for the point, Buddy!

14. SmokinAl

Glad I could bring back some good memories!!

Al

15. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

My Dad used to slice it about a 1/2 " thick and throw it on the grill . Char it up and hit it with some sauce and Falstaff . So good . Did the same thing with spam . 

16. SmokinAl

Sounds like a great idea, never tried it on the grill. Boy does Falstaff bring back memories!

Al