We have been craving fried bologna sandwiches-Bologna with qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Points Al!

Fried bologna Ohio style is on a fresh bun, Monterrey Jack cheese,topped with pile of fresh onions and bread butter pickles. Yum, now I want one.

RG

Points Al!

Fried bologna Ohio style is on a fresh bun, Monterrey Jack cheese,topped with pile of fresh onions and bread butter pickles. Yum, now I want one.

RG
Thanks for the point RG!

Holy cow!

I never new there were so many ways to eat fried bologna!

I'm going to have to try your way too!!! FOR SURE !!!

Thank-you for one more option!

Al

I want to try ring bologna next.

Al
Al, you'll knock it out of the park... but you might want to make 10 lbs (probably 8 rings)! One ring is a lot for a couple of people to eat, but they go fast.

We just made some last week, and used 40mm x 18" collagen rounds, and they were really easy to stuff and tie. I'll be going that route again, probably 100 lbs next deer season.

Anyway, a ring cooked up, sliced, and served either with kraut, or with real smashed taters and some good old milk gravy would be my suggestions!

As for all of the methods of dressing up your fried bologna, not sure THIS chub will last you through all of the menu options! Enjoy it, my good man... enjoy it! Some joker around here would roll up a slice and dress up a Bloody Mary with it! I guarantee it would happen. Actually, that'd probably be pretty good...

Reactions: mr parx
Yum!! Fried bologna and cheddar with spicy mustard is on of my favorite!! (The roast beef is my absolute favorite! Just saying lol) it reminds me of high school lunches at Passaic high lol. Nice job!! Points!

Al,

You are my smoking hero. I love fried jumbo.
  Thank-you my friend!!

Thank-you for the point too!

Al

Al, you'll knock it out of the park... but you might want to make 10 lbs (probably 8 rings)! One ring is a lot for a couple of people to eat, but they go fast.

We just made some last week, and used 40mm x 18" collagen rounds, and they were really easy to stuff and tie. I'll be going that route again, probably 100 lbs next deer season.

Anyway, a ring cooked up, sliced, and served either with kraut, or with real smashed taters and some good old milk gravy would be my suggestions!

As for all of the methods of dressing up your fried bologna, not sure THIS chub will last you through all of the menu options! Enjoy it, my good man... enjoy it! Some joker around here would roll up a slice and dress up a Bloody Mary with it! I guarantee it would happen. Actually, that'd probably be pretty good...
Thanks Buddy!

I guess ring bologna is next on the ToDo list!

Al
Yum!! Fried bologna and cheddar with spicy mustard is on of my favorite!! (The roast beef is my absolute favorite! Just saying lol) it reminds me of high school lunches at Passaic high lol. Nice job!! Points!
Thank-you for the point!

Another way to eat fried bologna, go figure!

Al

Last edited:
That looks great Al.
I've been meaning to do some bologna for a while now, and now that I see the pic's of yours fried up it will be real soon. Thanks for sharing it.

That looks great Al.
I've been meaning to do some bologna for a while now, and now that I see the pic's of yours fried up it will be real soon. Thanks for sharing it.
Thanks Dan!

I think we will be making this a lot!

Al

You're killing me, Al. I have been wanting to try bologna and now I must.

Great thread and points for the recipe. I have bookmarked it.

Disco

Nice looking bologna Al... I've never done bologna before although Its been said that I have been full of some...lol

Points!!!!

Joe

You're killing me, Al. I have been wanting to try bologna and now I must.

Great thread and points for the recipe. I have bookmarked it.

Disco
Hey Disco,

That's exactly how we felt, glad I finally took the plunge & made it.

Thank-you for the point!

Al

Nice looking bologna Al... I've never done bologna before although Its been said that I have been full of some...lol

Points!!!!

Joe
No way Joe!

YOU have never made bologna.

I thought you had made every sausage known to man.

Your just pulling my chain, right!

Thanks for the point!

Al

Beautiful bologna Al....    How well did you like Sausage Makers seasoning ??  This is something I should make..  One more thing to do... 

Beautiful bologna Al....    How well did you like Sausage Makers seasoning ??  This is something I should make..  One more thing to do... 
Thanks Dave!

I really like the Sausage Makers seasoning. I use several of them & they seem to be just what we like, flavor wise.

I've tried several of the recipes on here for different types of sausage, but so far the Sausage Makers seasonings have been the best.

Yep just another thing for the ToDo list!

Al

Points!!!!

Joe
No way Joe!

YOU have never made bologna.

I thought you had made every sausage known to man.

Your just pulling my chain, right!

Thanks for the point!

Al
Nope... I do like Bologna and IMO we have one of the best here in NC.... Carolina packers in Smithfield NC makes some of the best bologna I have ever had (Bright leaf) and It fries up to perfection too. Its hard to beat... I should smoke a chub of it sometime............
icon14.gif

I'll tell you what, Al is but the last east poster child of a growing string of yinz that force me, mostly at Qvue-point, to try all kinds of crap I wouldn't have otherwise attempted. Thanks a lot Al and the rest of you SMFers. :biggrin:

You won't find that in any deli. Fantastic!
sausage.gif

points.gif
Thanks SM, I appreciate the point too!

Al
I'll tell you what, Al is but the last east poster child of a growing string of yinz that force me, mostly at Qvue-point, to try all kinds of crap I wouldn't have otherwise attempted. Thanks a lot Al and the rest of you SMFers.
biggrin.gif
Glad we could help SP.

Don't forget to show us what your trying!

Al

I'll tell you what, Al is but the last east poster child of a growing string of yinz that force me, mostly at Qvue-point, to try all kinds of crap I wouldn't have otherwise attempted. Thanks a lot Al and the rest of you SMFers. :biggrin:
Yeah, they should put a banner at the top of the home page with the disclaimer;

"Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here"
:sausage:

Reactions: smokinpapist
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky