Was the forum "look" changed???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SherryT

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2017
Crawford AL
All of a sudden, the background is dark gray (it's always been white) and the pages look COMPLETELY different..."I" made no changes in my preferences or anything, so what's up?

This is what it looks like now:

Screenshot 2023-02-08 180403.jpg

Reactions: halleoneagain
If you logged out it changes back to default view I think
See, that's the thing...I didn't log out (never do...I simply close the page).

I guess it was just one of those pesky little glitches that happens now and then.

Reactions: TNJAKE
I think you can change it at the bottom of the page where it says “and” (classic theme) your might have got changed to dark maybe? There are a few other options too

Attachments

• AF3B0D8C-3721-4CEC-81C7-F8415737F480.png
    AF3B0D8C-3721-4CEC-81C7-F8415737F480.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 6
I run the “dark” screen by choice. It’s easier on my eyes.

I'm the opposite...the dark mode (to me) don't present a clear definition between "sections/zones" of the screen (I don't know what they're called...frames?) and while it doesn't strain my eyes a lot, it does strain them.

Besides, I simply don't like the look...never have.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Thanks for bringing it up, Sherry. I don't like it dark gray either, but didn't know how to fix it! Now if I can just remember how to fix it when next it happens.

Reactions: SherryT
I'm the opposite...the dark mode (to me) don't present a clear definition between "sections/zones" of the screen (I don't know what they're called...frames?) and while it doesn't strain my eyes a lot, it does strain them.

Besides, I simply don't like the look...never have.
Completely understand.
When they gave us the new screen options, I think there were 3, white, tan, and dark. I played with them for a couple days, not happy with anything other than the original white screen, but then I moved over to the dark side. Each his own, I like choices.

Completely understand.
When they gave us the new screen options, I think there were 3, white, tan, and dark. I played with them for a couple days, not happy with anything other than the original white screen, but then I moved over to the dark side. Each his own, I like choices.

I like the "brown" one...

brown.jpg

Reactions: SmokinEdge
I see the stinking ad didn’t go away….. how annoying!!!!
Only forum I’m on that you have to pay to make them go away

I see the stinking ad didn’t go away….. how annoying!!!!
Only forum I’m on that you have to pay to make them go away

I am on a few forums and they are set up with ads if you dont pay. Now back on topic.

I dont know why it changed but I have mine set on dark. Well now you know how to change it anyway.

Reactions: TNJAKE
I like to have the choice, and I prefer the dark mode. But this pesky little reminder keeps hanging around and reminding, which is kind of annoying. Yes, I have subscribed multiple times and am receiving Jeff's newsletters. Any thoughts?

1675904867927.png

All of a sudden, the background is dark gray (it's always been white) and the pages look COMPLETELY different..."I" made no changes in my preferences or anything, so what's up?

This is what it looks like now:

View attachment 657283
So sorry… I had to make a few changes and reset the default theme.

For some reason that causes the theme to change to default for everyone… seems pretty counterintuitive to me.

If you have any trouble setting that back to the way you like it, let me know, and I’ll be happy to help in anyway that I can.

Reactions: halleoneagain
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky