Warning To Archers

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by bearcarver, Oct 27, 2011.

1. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Since we are in Archery Season:

I don't know if this is OK to put on our SMF, or not, but I figured it could very well keep this from happening to one of my friends on this forum, so I'll give it a try.

If it's a "NO-NO" to post it, then the Mods can delete it.

Anyone who shoots a Bow knows how this could happen!!

BE AWARE !!!
    [​IMG]

Bear

2. sound1

sound1 Smoking Fanatic

lucky that was a target tip on that thing....ouch

3. Yikes. That hurts looking at it.

4. OMG That would Hurt

5. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Holy crap!

Talk about having a bad day!!

6. bigfish98

bigfish98 Smoking Fanatic

I got this in an email. I guess the guy had to take the bow to the hospital! I would have said that I was keeping it!

Bigfish

7. michael ark

michael ark Master of the Pit

8. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Damn my legs got weak from that picture.

9. bearcarver

Didn't mean to upset anyone.

I just know how easy this could happen if some Bozo gives you an arrow that is too short, and you don't watch where it comes to on the way to full draw.

Maybe I'm a little numb from chainsaw carving, and seeing the accidents that come from that hobby.  [​IMG]

Bear

10. michael ark

I am not up set.Just took me by suprise with your graphic picture.

11. I won a medal in archery when I was a kid.

12. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Ouch you know that had to hurt. Bet it didn't feel good coming out either

13. rowdyrawhide

rowdyrawhide Smoking Fanatic Group Lead

I bet he is done with archery from now on!  

No joke I actually had an arrow that was too short handed to me at an archery shop and luckily was able to tip everything away but still a butt puckering experience.  I was lucky enough to be strong enough and tall enough to work myself out of the situation.  I can easily see how someone not familiar with archery could have that happen.

14. raymo76

raymo76 Smoking Fanatic

I'm a bit numb from being an EMT, not enough blood/bodily harm for me.... [​IMG]  hahahahaha

On a serious note though, that really sucks!

15. michael ark

16. bearcarver

Exactly---I wouldn't want to be there to see the removal.

Bear

17. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

OH man I have seen a few email like this but never with the arrow going through the guys hand twice. I hurt just looking at this picture. I can't see how people do this but I guess if you had a short arrow it could fall off the rest and go all crazy and take out your hand.

18. Wow, now that is one nasty splinter. Would take a big pair of pliers to pull that one out.

That has to really hurt.

crossbowsmops likes this.
  19. adiochiro3

adiochiro3 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Ugh!  I had a buddy who had a habit of floating his index finger awfully close to the arrow tip as he drew.  I could not get him to stop.  The target arrow tip cleared, but if he ever put a broadhead on it, he'd learn not to do it!

20. Not a good look for bow men...I thin If Ok I'll use this pic as a safety lesson for the blog!

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2012