• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Wanting to start cold smoking

bekellog81

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 9, 2006
I am waning to start cold smoking and I have a few questions??  I have a Brinnkmann Cimmaron--can I use it to cold smoke with out really modifying it??  Where do I start??  Any info or links would be appreciated

Thanks

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 4, 2014
Best bet would be to get an AMAZEN tube smoker and place it into the side firebox.  You may have to warm up the main chamber a bit to get a draft going, but once it starts you should be good.

Another option, though it will be tough to maintain a constant temperature is to burn some wood chips in the firebox just a little at a time to get the smoke, but not a lot of heat.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I agree with Charlie, the AMAZEN is the way to go!

Al

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012

Best bet would be to get an AMAZEN tube smoker and place it into the side firebox.  You may have to warm up the main chamber a bit to get a draft going, but once it starts you should be good.

Another option, though it will be tough to maintain a constant temperature is to burn some wood chips in the firebox just a little at a time to get the smoke, but not a lot of heat.

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 17, 2013

I have only a very little cold smoking experience but did something similar. I used about 5-6 pieces of charcoal and one chunk of wood. It kept a reasonably low but even temp and just added on a piece of charcoal or chunk when it started to drop.

wade

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 12, 2013
When cold smoking you are looking to get a good stream of light smoke over the food you are smoking. I find that the tube smokers produce way too much smoke and the AMNPS pellet smokers are much better. The clip below shows how well the AMNPS works when used in an offset smoker. 

Have you thought about what you looking to smoke? 

Last edited:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.