Wanted to show off my 100+ year old Dutch Oven and beef stew

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

This DO was my Grand Mother's.  I finally got to lay hands on it for a while this week.  Monday I made home made beef stew and it was wonderful.  Here is the Stew View and DO views.

it is not this gray....but the outside needs some seasoning

here is the bottom....cant see any markings

Inside is great

inside of lid....wanna re-do this

Top of lid.
Have no clue what brand this is.  I just know its old....and still works great!

Kat

Kat, that's beautiful!!! What an awesome piece of family history!!! Thank you for sharing.

It's important to hold onto things like this, so many people lose things along the way and very few new items now are worthy of becoming an heirloom. The quality & substance of the piece is remarkable. You just don't find that anymore.

Last edited:
Thanks Yall!
biggrin.gif

Great looking black pot and nice stew Kat. It's official, Kat has a severe case of castironitis!
Dutch...you are so correct!  I like the diagnosis!  RoadKill sent me a link to some DO bread recipes too...and I know there are a few I want to try here also. I have a small DO from Dansk from years ago....gotta pull it out and see what size it is.  Get her back into action too!

Last night I used some of my "restored" cast iron skillets for cornbread....and another one to fry pork chops! Yummmmy!

I am picking up some pieces and getting them back in shape to be used again...pass some down to the kids...and others....I probably could part with to some "smoking buddies" here.

Kat

Reactions: smokeusum
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky