Waiter, Theres a Hare on My Plate!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Okay, so it's a rabbit.
I picked up a nice farm raised rabbit the other day and today cooked it up for my son and I.

I dry brined it for about 4 hours
Seasoned inside and out with Cajun Spice
Stuffed with fresh herbs, green onion, garlic and butter
Wrapped in bacon and added more Cajun spice

bb7Ho8a.jpg

SsBz85p.jpg

jbOfr76.jpg

Fired up the smoker to 275° +/- with hickory and smoked it for about an hour and half and a IT of 165°
It came out super moist and flavorful, the herbs and garlic infused it very well.

3hyp395.jpg

b8NKtA6.jpg

No money shot, we ate it right off the cutting board.

Looks good! How much ya spend on that? I know a guy about an hour away who raises rabbit, never thought to ask how much he charges for them gutted and ready to cook, only bought rabbit brekkie sausage from him!

Looks great,eat a lot of them growing up but always fried, I see what I been missing

Great cook Chile! Some of my best meals never make it off the cutting board!

Mike

Ok... when I saw "hare," I just just knew THIS was the post I've been waiting for!

Rabbit is sooooo good !!! I used to raise eating rabbits.... loved them...

Looks great,eat a lot of them growing up but always fried, I see what I been missing

Boy that looks real good!

I haven't had rabbit since I was a kid!

Al
Thanks for the compliments and Likes, appreciate it guys.
We haven't had rabbit in....?
Not many down here anymore to hunt.
This was a definite treat.

LoL, even got my lil' girl to try some of the cute fluffy bunny she was protesting us cooking.
But she's a redneck at heart and it smelled so good.

Last edited:
Looks Great, John!!:)
Nice Job!!
We used to eat a lot of Rabbit when my Dad was still around, but ours were all wild, and a little smaller.
Mom used to make a lot of Rabbit Pies---One of the few things she made that was good. RIP
Like.

Bear

Man that looks great! I haven't had rabbit in about 6 years or longer. Last time was a nice Rabbit Cassoulet dish in downtown Denver. Man was it good!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky