• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

millerbuilds

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 13, 2013
Little Elm, TX
SmokingUPnorth SmokingUPnorth pushed me over the cliff to go ahead and buy a Vortex for my kettle. Last night I gave it a shot with wings.
The first batch I put on too early and/or pulled off too early and they were good but not as crispy as I wanted. 2nd batch, off the wall! I really wish I had not waited for so long to buy one!
For the wings, I lightly coated them with peanut oil and dusted with SPG+O. Once finished I tossed them with some Anchor Bar Wing Sauce.
Vortex Wings.jpg

Vortex Wings 2.jpg

Vortex Wings 3.jpg

- Jason

Reactions: SmokingUPnorth
Reactions: JLeonard
Wow Jason!! For your first time out with the Vortex, those look nothing short of superb. I can't wait to see what you do with that thing once you gain your comfort level with it :emoji_wink: Very well done sir....and pass me a big plate please.

Robert

Reactions: millerbuilds
Reactions: Marknmd
Looks awesome. Love the vortex for wings.
Thanks, me too!
Awesome! Can’t beat Vortex wings!
Agreed! Thanks!
Wow Jason!! For your first time out with the Vortex, those look nothing short of superb. I can't wait to see what you do with that thing once you gain your comfort level with it :emoji_wink: Very well done sir....and pass me a big plate please.

Robert
Thanks Robert, I was super impressed with them and the Vortex!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky