Vortex Chicken Thighs and Sirlion Beef Tips

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
It was a pretty nice day here Saturday. I thought I'd fire up the Kettle/Vortex combo for dinner. These are a fairly simple couple of dishes that were oh so good.

First up the chicken thighs:

DSC01306.JPG

After a short spell:

DSC01308.JPG

Close up shot:

DSC01309.JPG

After I had another Gansette. The chicken got a coating of SBRs sauce. The unsauced one was for my buddy Skidmark.

DSC01311.JPG

Skidmark making sure I didn't forget his piece of chicken.

DSC01307.JPG

Now that the chickens off. It's time for the sirlion tips. I marinated these in some teriyaki sauce for about 3hrs. Cooked on high heat:

DSC01312.JPG

I let them go untl they didn't stick to the grate. Then flipped them over and repeated. Here they are off the Kettle.

DSC01314.JPG

And finally a sliced shot. See I told you it was a simple meal.

DSC01316.JPG

These tasted so good. Thanks for taking a moment to look.

Chris

Looks great, I have got to get me a vortex for my kettle

Thank you tag, you won't be disappointed with the Vortex. So many different ways of using it, but it shines with chicken parts.

Nice cooks . Thighs on the kettle are always good , and I like me some skid mark chicken .
That beef looks fantastic .

Appreciate the kind words and like Chop. I think Skidmark would put up a fight if someone tried to steal his piece of the bounty.

Chris

great looking meal! And you're right, simple is sometimes better. I love my improvised vortex, wished I had thought of it sooner!

Ryan

Hard to beat a simple meal like that Chris. The chicken looks delicious and especially those tips!

It is a truly great accessory Chris, for myself it is tied with the SnS, love 'em both! RAY

Agreed Ray, Although I haven't used my SnS as much as I do the Vortex - YET.

great looking meal! And you're right, simple is sometimes better. I love my improvised vortex, wished I had thought of it sooner!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for both the kindly words and like appreciate them. Better late then never on the vortex usage. I didn't even season the chicken thighs as I new my wife wanted BBQ sauce on them.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky