• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Vortex Chicken Thighs and Sirlion Beef Tips

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
It was a pretty nice day here Saturday. I thought I'd fire up the Kettle/Vortex combo for dinner. These are a fairly simple couple of dishes that were oh so good.

First up the chicken thighs:

DSC01306.JPG

After a short spell:

DSC01308.JPG

Close up shot:

DSC01309.JPG

After I had another Gansette. The chicken got a coating of SBRs sauce. The unsauced one was for my buddy Skidmark.

DSC01311.JPG

Skidmark making sure I didn't forget his piece of chicken.

DSC01307.JPG

Now that the chickens off. It's time for the sirlion tips. I marinated these in some teriyaki sauce for about 3hrs. Cooked on high heat:

DSC01312.JPG

I let them go untl they didn't stick to the grate. Then flipped them over and repeated. Here they are off the Kettle.

DSC01314.JPG

And finally a sliced shot. See I told you it was a simple meal.

DSC01316.JPG

These tasted so good. Thanks for taking a moment to look.

Chris

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
A fantastic Vortex dinner Chris, nice piece of work, Like! RAY

tag0401

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 5, 2018
Looks great, I have got to get me a vortex for my kettle

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Nice cooks . Thighs on the kettle are always good , and I like me some skid mark chicken .
That beef looks fantastic .

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Looks great, I have got to get me a vortex for my kettle
Thank you tag, you won't be disappointed with the Vortex. So many different ways of using it, but it shines with chicken parts.

Nice cooks . Thighs on the kettle are always good , and I like me some skid mark chicken .
That beef looks fantastic .
Appreciate the kind words and like Chop. I think Skidmark would put up a fight if someone tried to steal his piece of the bounty.

Chris

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Thanks Ray, Outside of kettles themselves. The Vortex is the best and most used piece of outdoor cooking equipment I've purchased. Chris
It is a truly great accessory Chris, for myself it is tied with the SnS, love 'em both! RAY

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
great looking meal! And you're right, simple is sometimes better. I love my improvised vortex, wished I had thought of it sooner!

Ryan

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 4, 2009
Beautifully done Chris!

Since i am getting better at wings with my Vortex, thighs will be my next challenge.

Points for sure,

John

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks Mighty Tasty from My Den!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Hard to beat a simple meal like that Chris. The chicken looks delicious and especially those tips!

chilerelleno

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2016
Hell Yeah, hold the chicken and pass those awesome looking Sirloin Tips.
Way to fire it up Chris.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
It is a truly great accessory Chris, for myself it is tied with the SnS, love 'em both! RAY
Agreed Ray, Although I haven't used my SnS as much as I do the Vortex - YET.

great looking meal! And you're right, simple is sometimes better. I love my improvised vortex, wished I had thought of it sooner!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan for both the kindly words and like appreciate them. Better late then never on the vortex usage. I didn't even season the chicken thighs as I new my wife wanted BBQ sauce on them.

Chris

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.