• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Vortex Chicken Thighs and Sirlion Beef Tips

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
That looks really good! I got to get me a Vortex!!
Thanks Hawg, You'll never look back once you do.

Beautifully done Chris!

Since i am getting better at wings with my Vortex, thighs will be my next challenge.

Points for sure,

John
Appreciate that John, There isn't a whole lot of difference in cooking the two. Thighs just take a little more time. Thanks for the like also.

Chris

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Looks Mighty Tasty from My Den!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Appreciate the compliment and like Bear. They were good.

Hard to beat a simple meal like that Chris. The chicken looks delicious and especially those tips!
The tips were my favorite. I used to be able to get them on the cheap. Now like flank the prices have sky-rocketed.

Chris

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Hell Yeah, hold the chicken and pass those awesome looking Sirloin Tips.
Way to fire it up Chris.
At the start the tips were to be all mine, but once the wife saw them finished - she had to give one a try. Now she's converted. Thank you for the like and kind words John.

Chris

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Great looking meal Chris!
Al

yankee2bbq

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 7, 2017
YEAP! Great looking meal! Super simple on the kettle!!

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Great looking meal Chris!
Al
Thanks Al, they tasted a whole lot better then I plated them. Also thanks for the like.

YEAP! Great looking meal! Super simple on the kettle!!
Appreciate that Justin. Simple is sometimes all that's needed. I didn't even give the chicken any seasoning because I knew I was saucing them for the wife.

Chris

GATOR240

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 15, 2017
It was good Denny. Thanks for the like and kindly words.

Chris
You're quite welcome. Been going to do this for a while........Go Pens!! :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

Last edited:

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
You're quite welcome. Been going to do this for a while........Go Pens!! :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:
Rangers are a young team and won the lottery this year. Hopefully Alex Lafreniere is as good as advertised.

Lets Go Rangers!!!

Chris

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Love those tips! I had some last night. They easy to cook. And tasty as heck. Big like!

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Love those tips! I had some last night. They easy to cook. And tasty as heck. Big like!
Couldn't agree more Steve. Quick simple and delicious. Thanks for the like and kind words appreciate them.

Chris

SmokinVOLfan

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
Late to the party apparently. Looks damn good Chris! I will take a big plate of both. LIKE! Store sold out of PBR's?

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Late to the party apparently. Looks damn good Chris! I will take a big plate of both. LIKE! Store sold out of PBR's?
Better late then never my mom always said. Thanks for the like and kindly words John, The chicken was done unseasoned because I knew the wife wanted it sauced, and the sauce would overpower the seasoning. The tips they were mine from the start - that is until the wife saw them come off the grill. Then she had to pull rank on me. As for the lack of PBRs I try to mix in a Gansett every so often. It keeps me grounded.

Chris

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.