Visit to Costco Today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RickNessly

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 8, 2017
Minnesota
So...I stopped into Costco today to talk to the butcher to make sure I could get some beef ribs to pick up on Friday. While I was there, I noticed they had a ton of beef items that were probably there for the Holiday's. I've included a couple of shots of some truly man food...

If you look close, you can see the "rack" would set you back $300.

Someday I'll make these...not sure how, but how cool would that be.

Attachments

• IMG_0325.jpeg
    IMG_0325.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0324.jpeg
    IMG_0324.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 149
Not me. I'd have to put the bones in my safe.
Costco seems to be trying to fleece it's meat customers.
Look at their prices for Wagu (sp) Beef.
To me, ridiculous.

For that price, they'd better be including a nubile virgin or two to mop the sweat from my brow and hoist ice cold beer to my lips as I smoke that $300 hunk-o-meat!

A shop I stopped into over the summer won't even sell rack roasts like that. He says "why the hell would you wanna pay premium prices for all that bone?!"

Made me laugh, but it is true. How much extra are you willing to pay for pretty presentation?

so...to be most accurate...I noticed the pic I had was actually $279...$11.29/lb and total weight 24.78lbs.

most of that had to be bone weight...I think the prime next to it (w/o bone) was not much more per lb, so it must be just about the presentation.

Not me. I'd have to put the bones in my safe.
Costco seems to be trying to fleece it's meat customers.
Look at their prices for Wagu (sp) Beef.
To me, ridiculous.
Real Wagyu beef from Japan is very rare here in the US, same for Kobe beef.
IF... If Costco's Wagyu is genuine Japanese Wagyu then it is priced accordingly.
But any beef labeled Wagyu or Kobe is a serious Caveat emptor no matter how good it looks.

We just bought couple of 3 bone (bone in) Choice rib eye roast at our local Brookshires for 6.99/lbs. I'm also fixing to run to the local Abertson and pick up another bone in rib eye roast there for $4.69/lbs with a $25 separate purchase.

We don't have a Costo but I didn't know they sold Wagyu?

As you can see, clearly its already killed the cow.

That's way, WAY too much marbling for me.

I have a tough time with ribeye as it is because of intramuscular fat. That just looks awful. Hey, pay a terrible price to have to cook your wagyu like a chuck roast and make $400.00 shredded beef!

Pass.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky