Video games?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I about done with Sleeping Dogs. Mostly hand combat which I normally don't care for to much. I going to need a good RPG after this. Play Far Cry New Dawn and Cycber Punk before this. They where pretty good.
RPGs were a bit scary in my day---Noisy too!

Bear

Reactions: TNJAKE
I about done with Sleeping Dogs. Mostly hand combat which I normally don't care for to much. I going to need a good RPG after this. Play Far Cry New Dawn and Cycber Punk before this. They where pretty good.
Elden Ring looks gorgeous but is honestly just too damn hard to enjoy I think lol. Those Souls games are for hardcore people with a lot of time on hand.

I finished Witcher4 about a month ago and was sad to see it end. I guess they didn't come out with a 5.
I started Fallout4 just because I had it cheap and at first I didn't care for it because you had to learn how things work pretty much on your own, but now that I'm getting the hang of it I'm hooked LOL! Like Witcher, you can pick and choose your quests.
It's coming into yard, garden and BBQ season now so I'll have to make myself back off a little....

Reactions: jcam222
I finished Witcher4 about a month ago and was sad to see it end. I guess they didn't come out with a 5.
I started Fallout4 just because I had it cheap and at first I didn't care for it because you had to learn how things work pretty much on your own, but now that I'm getting the hang of it I'm hooked LOL! Like Witcher, you can pick and choose your quests.
It's coming into yard, garden and BBQ season now so I'll have to make myself back off a little....
Have you played any of the more recent Assassins Creed? They seem to satisfy Witcher type play. I think the next Witcher is in the works

Have you played any of the more recent Assassins Creed? They seem to satisfy Witcher type play. I think the next Witcher is in the works
I played with Assassins Creed Odyssey a while but just got tired of it. It's a huge game with fine graphics and I'll probably give it a go again sometime.

I played with Assassins Creed Odyssey a while but just got tired of it. It's a huge game with fine graphics and I'll probably give it a go again sometime.
I haven’t played that. I loved Origins and have Valhalla to play sooner or later. I recently completed Greedfall. Although it’s not the most graphically advanced it’s non linear questing and freedom to just wander made it immensely fun.

Reactions: SmokyMose
I have a ps4 and I play mainly rpg's and fighting games. I also play wow and swtor on the computer.

No idea Witcher was a game... What is up with the PS5? I am not the first to jump on new gear but been hunting on and off for 2 years and no dice...

I haven’t played that. I loved Origins and have Valhalla to play sooner or later. I recently completed Greedfall. Although it’s not the most graphically advanced it’s non linear questing and freedom to just wander made it immensely fun.
Yeah, Greedfall was fun. The graphics weren't bad or anything though. Not the best by any means but pretty decent.

I’ve games for years as well with my first game on a floppy disk. I didn’t like the original few AC games but they have retooled it into more of an action RPG. Loved Origins and have Valhalla on the HD ready to roll. Currently playing Néw World until it bores me then will flip a quarter on a Valhalla and Red Dead II both of which are ready to roll on my PC. Like you I’m a feast or famine guy lol.
You mentioned games on floppy disks which reminded me of my first serious foray into games - the original DOS version of Wolfenstein 3D. I even programmed my own level maps at the time - sure was fun.

I wish they had done the first AC games like Origins, but unfortunately the technology was not there at that time. I loved the Ezio games so much because of the history to be discovered in the game, much of it based on reality.

Now you've got me excited to get back home to download the unbelievably large updates I need to do to play Valhalla again. I'm kind of lazy though, I might defer until they update to include Games plus.

Looking through this list. I joined Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Got 4 months for $26 so thought would give it a try. Seem to be having a hard finding anything.

Looking through this list. I joined Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Got 4 months for $26 so thought would give it a try. Seem to be having a hard finding anything.
I like Pub G - first person shooter. Play it with my son who is 1 state away. We wear headset...more fun than a phone call.

Just downloaded Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It is free and very popular.

I like Pub G - first person shooter. Play it with my son who is 1 state away. We wear headset...more fun than a phone call.

Just downloaded Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It is free and very popular.
I have all those. That seems to be my problem. I have been going back and replaying games. I just started Mass Effect the first one. I have played 2 & 3.

My son and grandson have a lot of games, my son has a space ship fighting game and the 3D goggles, lord have mercy I only played it 1 time because I knew I would end up with the whole setup, probably over $1000 and afraid to ask lol

• Haha
Im also in the hunt for something new to entertain me. I played New World mmorpg for the last few months but kind of burnt on it. Just a boring daily grind. Tried Days Gone but hated it right of the bat as I don’t like any games where you have to drive things. Will try Horizon tonight. Both of these games I bought months ago on super buy deals. I’ve been debating buying Elden Ring but think it would be just frustrating vs fun. Anyone here play it?

I usually find pre-owned games at Gamestop for a decent price, but 3 weeks ago while at Meijer there was a box in the aisle touting "buy 1 get 1 free. $19.99. I rummaged around 'til I found a couple. Not bad for new.
games.jpg
I've been messing around with FARCRY. There are too many control functions IMO and I get tired of walking around seeing a gun stuck out in front of me but it's an open world game and you can choose where you want to go.
I rarely finish a game to the end but just get tired of them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky