vertical vs horizontal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Camp Chef and Smoke Daddy make higher end cabinet smokers, but the Pit Boss verticals are very popular, which is probably why you see complaints. You're hard pressed to even find owners of the CC or SD vertical pellet smokers.

I have the pitt boss 5 series from Walmart. I've smoked 6 slabs of bb,a couple pork butts, chicken quarters and a brisket point. Ive had no issues with the smoker. But like you I was hesitant to buy it with reading the reviews. But like with most things people will yell at the top of their lungs if they don't like something. But say nothing if it works like its supposed to. The one thing I'm not crazy about is the big temperature swings. This is my first pellet smoker. I have a MES that I've used the last few years. But everything has turned out well and I'm happy with the smoker so far. Hope that helps

I bought the PB Copperhead 5 on clearance from Walmart for $109. If it did crap out on me I wouldn't have been upset considering the price. It has worked fine, but I could probably use it more often. Really like the capacity for jerky

I bought the PB Copperhead 5 on clearance from Walmart for $109. If it did crap out on me I wouldn't have been upset considering the price. It has worked fine, but I could probably use it more often. Really like the capacity for jerky
Wow ... that was a nice steal

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky