Version 2: Bensdorp Cocoa - Chocolate Cherry Cake

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

redheelerdog

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 4, 2011
Montana - Big Sky Country
I have to say, the last Bensdorp Cocoa, Chocolate Cherry Cake (V1) was so good I had to make another!

I don't know what it is but I have a blast making these cakes! (smokin a brisket at the same time too)
sausage.gif

This cake is toned down slightly from the first, (only two layer vs. three on the No. 1 cake).

Started out with a Betty Crocker Super Moist Chocolate Fudge, and added dark sweet cherries, espresso powder, and pure vanilla extract.

Here is what the bottom side of the cakes look like after baking, look at all those great cherries in there!

Here is the frosting ingredients, I added some butter milk and cream cheese just to make sure it was edible
biggrin.gif

This is the recipe from Kink Arthur, quick, simple and really good.

Everyone likes the middle layered on thick

I had only a partial can of cherry pie filling so I added some dark sweet frozen to the top

The light colored ones are the canned and the dark ones are the dark sweet frozen

Thanks for looking - Money shot to come

Reactions: disco and SmokinAl
Looks tasty, may I suggest trying brownie mix in place of cake sometime. I'm just not a cake fan but love brownies.

That really looks fantastic, John!

I think I could eat the whole thing.

This is something I will try around the holidays, so that I can give it away & not eat it all.

Point for sure!

Al

Now I have to tell you something,that is one awesome cake :) It looks delicious,can't wait to try it out. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky