Venison weiners ( pic heavy )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thank you very much for the carousel ride. It is greatly appreciated.
Dang they look tasty! By the looks your gonna need some good sized buns. I liked the color you got on them.

Ryan
Thank you. Tried to keep them 6" . First couple feet were closer to foot long before I got settled in.
I assume you get pellets from Home of Economy. I've looked at the Char Hickory and passed so far.
Your comments on the smoke they produce appreciated
I did get them there and I really like them.
Thank you for the like.
I just bought the same mixer and the grinder attachment, how does the grinder work for you?
Thank you. The mixer works really well for the smaller batches. Sorry to hear about the break-in.
Looks great. I have the same casings. I have hotdog seasoning I need to try. How do you check IT in the sv. ? My thoughts are if you poke them in the water, the water will rush in and have water logged hotdogs.
Thanks for the like. I just used the Baldwin chart for time and temp. I went extra just because.
Nice work bud ,,, great color . Did the casings come from TSM ? I was surprised at how much they stretch . I use the wiener seasoning , it's a good one .
Those are going to be good . Fantastic work winter .
Chopsaw, yes I did get the casings from TSM. They stuff very nicely.
A really nice piece of work and well deserving of the carousel ride, cute little spotted dog in the second pic down! RAY
Thank you Ray. It was time consuming but still fun. Spoiled little dog gets that all the time, but she's a sweetie !
Congrats on the ride! Nice job on the cook
Thank you Ishi. . .
WR, Awesome job on the dogs !
Thank you. Appreciate it.
Fine job on the weiners. Good to see that the cellulose casings are being used.
Thank you. Had never used them before. Reading chopsaw chopsaw post made me lean that way. Sure like them.
Very nice! Perfect links. I've been wanting to try something with venison but I'm not a hunter and anyone I know who has it is a little stingy LOL!
(I wish I had that counter..)
Thank you. Actually kinda pinched for counter space. Wish we had more of it.
OMG !!
Those look absolutely Perfect, Rider!!!
One Heck of a Job!!
Like.

Bear
Thank you very much Bear. And thanks for the like.
Nice job great looking dogs. Never seen that grinder either.

Warren
Thanks Warren, appreciate it. The Kitchen aid grinder is actually pretty nice for small jobs.
Those look fantastic. Last time I looked for those casing I could only find them in large amounts. Id like to try them out sometime. I'll have to look again.
Thank you. I did only use about 3/4 of one of the rolls for the 10# batch. Those casings do peel off very easily. Just a small slice at the string and they squeeze right out.
Nice job. Just a note for you Skinless Dog folks...The initial hour, No Smoke, is to heat and dry the Natural Casing to get a nicer color and no streaks from condensation on cold dogs. Since Skinless Dogs have the plastic case removed, we don't care if they are Streaky and therefore you can start smoking from the beginning....JJ
Thanks JJ

kruizer kruizer , tropics tropics , bertman bertman , boykjo boykjo , thank you all for the likes.

Reactions: Sowsage
Very nice Winterrider........ They look great. Congrats on making the carousel.......

Boykjo

Great post !!! I will have to try some of those casings. My venison dogs never have the right mouth feel. Those look spot on.

I see I didn't hit post reply again.
1585476593471.png

I like the rack and the dogs look fantastic.
Richie

OF all the sausages I have made...I have never actually made my own hot dogs. If I made my own, I might actually eat hot dogs.
Congrats-yours look superb! Like!

Great post !!! I will have to try some of those casings. My venison dogs never have the right mouth feel. Those look spot on.
Thank you. Yes try these casings, I think they are great.
I like the rack and the dogs look fantastic.
Richie
Thanks Richie, appreciate it. The rack idea was from someone in here. I don't recall right now. "If" it was you, thank you ! :emoji_relaxed:
OF all the sausages I have made...I have never actually made my own hot dogs. If I made my own, I might actually eat hot dogs.
Congrats-yours look superb! Like!
This was actually a first for me also. Thanks for the kind words.
Awesome looking wieners, I use that same TSM seasoning for & we love it.
Congrats on the ride!
Al
Thank you Al. I have enough for another 40# yet :emoji_wink:
It is a complete honor to be able to join the greats that have made the carousel.
Very nice Winterrider........ They look great. Congrats on making the carousel.......
Boykjo
Thankyou!

tallbm tallbm , whistech whistech , Thank you very much for the likes.

Reactions: tropics
I've never made any type of sausage/hot dogs, but I've eaten plenty. Winter those looks great - nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

Those Really Look Good Nice job (You taking orders ???)

Gary

I've never made any type of sausage/hot dogs, but I've eaten plenty. Winter those looks great - nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris
Thank you much, and for the point.
Those Really Look Good Nice job (You taking orders ???)

Gary
Thank you Gary. The wife said the same thing for the camping friends. It's not hard, just a little time consuming. :emoji_relaxed:

It was time to spin up some wieners after doing a little research here.
5# venison
5# pork butt
TSM wiener seasoning
Cure#1
View attachment 437539
Small batch just used the kitchenaid. Used 8mm plate first and then ran it through the 3mm.
View attachment 437540
All seasoned up and back in fridge to chill for a couple hrs.View attachment 437541
Time to get crank'n. Love this little 5# unit for small jobs. Was just going to pump out the whole string and then tie off, but after doing a couple feet I checked and had them stuffed so tight that I figured I would end up blowing out the casing numerous times. So measured out, twisted, and tied every 6" . Time consuming but worth it, as I had no blowouts at all.View attachment 437542
All stuffed and in fridge overnight.
View attachment 437543
Next day fired up the MES 40, did a burn off and settled it in at 130° for an hr with no smoke.
View attachment 437544
Turn temp up to 140, Auber PID was spot on keeping steady temp.
Amazen tube filled with Char Hickory, and let it roll for 2 hrs.
Notice the change in color after smoking.
View attachment 437545
Into SV bath at 143° for couple hrs
View attachment 437554
Iced down, peeled casings ( very easy) and washed up for packaging.View attachment 437556
Ready for the freezer. Thanks for looking !View attachment 437557
Did you use any kind of binder?

Did you use any kind of binder?
I did not use any binder. Just went with TSM recipe on seasoning canister. Think I would add a touch of garlic next time.
Absolutely marvelous! Let me know if I can store some for you. Big like!
Thank you Disco and for the like. Send me your address. :emoji_wink: .
Have a wonderful day.

luvcatchingbass luvcatchingbass , thanks for the like.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky