Venison Round Steaks on the Vortex

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

millerbuilds

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 13, 2013
Little Elm, TX
Still loving my Vortex!
Tonight I decided to do some Venison Round Steaks from an Axis Doe I shot last fall.
I first marinated (EVOO, Soy Sauce, Worcestershire, lemon, Garlic, Pepper, Thyme & Parsley) the venison for about 7 hours.
IMG_2083.jpg

I made a "butter topper" with butter, garlic, and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Poured it on wax paper and put back in the fridge to harden

IMG_2084.jpg

I seared the Round Steaks in halves (due to the size) over the vortex

IMG_2085.jpg

Put the butter toppers on and moved off the Vortex to the side

IMG_2086.jpg

IMG_2089.jpg

Served with some roasted cauliflower (wife seasoned) some roasted sweet potato and jalapeños

IMG_2090.jpg

Turned out perfect with a nice rare temp and the butter topper gave it added to the flavor of the Venison

Thanks for looking!

- Jason

Still loving my Vortex!
Tonight I decided to do some Venison Round Steaks from an Axis Doe I shot last fall.
I first marinated (EVOO, Soy Sauce, Worcestershire, lemon, Garlic, Pepper, Thyme & Parsley) the venison for about 7 hours.
View attachment 641459
I made a "butter topper" with butter, garlic, and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Poured it on wax paper and put back in the fridge to harden

View attachment 641460

View attachment 641461

View attachment 641462

View attachment 641463
Served with some roasted cauliflower (wife seasoned) some roasted sweet potato and jalapeños

View attachment 641464
Turned out perfect with a nice rare temp and the butter topper gave it added to the flavor of the Venison

Thanks for looking!

- Jason
That looks fantastic and wow isn't Axis maybe the best venison out there! :D

Reactions: millerbuilds
Looks delicious! You nailed it for doneness! At first I thought you were gonna make shoe leather out of them using the vortex...nice job!

Ryan

Still loving my Vortex!
View attachment 641459

View attachment 641460

View attachment 641461

View attachment 641462

View attachment 641463

View attachment 641464

Thanks for looking!

- Jason
Looks amazing!

Jason that looks outstanding!! Love the meat itself but the idea of the garlic butter is a bit too tantalizing to overlook :emoji_wink:
Very nice job sir.

Robert

I'd hit that hard. Nice work bud
Thanks Jake!
That looks fantastic and wow isn't Axis maybe the best venison out there! :D
I LOVE Axis. It is up there with Elk and a notch ahead of black buck.
Looks delicious! You nailed it for doneness! At first I thought you were gonna make shoe leather out of them using the vortex...nice job!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan. 20 seconds a side (qtr)
Wow! That looks incredible.
Thank you Brian
Looks amazing!
Thanks!
That is a great looking meal. Hoping my son reloads our freezer this season. Been out of deer all summer!
Jim
I was lucky and bagged 3 last year.... hoping to get at least one... If not I will be in the same situation as you next summer
Jason that looks outstanding!! Love the meat itself but the idea of the garlic butter is a bit too tantalizing to overlook :emoji_wink:
Very nice job sir.

Robert
Thanks Robert, it put it over the top.

- Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky