Venison Medallions with Spicy Blackberry Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I agree! I've never subscribed to the idea that I have to "eat like a bird," either. Though I was kinda taught that growing up as a "young lady" in the South... :P

Chile that looks like it is a magazine cover picture. Awesome looking and I bet tastes as good as it looks, Congrats on the carousel ride as well. LIKE!!!!
I know what you mean being busy, I was shut down early and picked up a job too keep me busy and make a few bucks, boy I am busier now than my regular one. only been on a few times now since xmas. I am managing to do a little smoking though, got 10 bacon slabs going right now.

Chile that looks like it is a magazine cover picture. Awesome looking and I bet tastes as good as it looks, Congrats on the carousel ride as well. LIKE!!!!
I know what you mean being busy, I was shut down early and picked up a job too keep me busy and make a few bucks, boy I am busier now than my regular one. only been on a few times now since xmas. I am managing to do a little smoking though, got 10 bacon slabs going right now.
Hi Charlie, ten slabs!
Talk about bringing home the bacon, I know it'll turn out delicious.
Thanks for dropping in and for the Like,

Thanks in advance for making me look like a champ at home. Gonna give this a go.

Is the mock tenderloin a cut from the shoulder? I assumed at first it might be the eye of round, but some internet research suggested otherwise.

Chile....that looks amazing!! We don't do game meat around here but I bet it sure would be good made with London Broil. That one has been printed and will go on the "must do" list.

Side note, as I was reading your post the thought of doing it with pork came to mind, then I read your response stating that. I bet it'd be fantastic. I have a nice chunk of pork loin in the freezer that I may give this a run with. Can't help but thing the blackberries would meld beautifully with the pork.

WOW!!
Robert

Thanks in advance for making me look like a champ at home. Gonna give this a go.

Is the mock tenderloin a cut from the shoulder? I assumed at first it might be the eye of round, but some internet research suggested otherwise.
LOL, you're welcome.
Yes, it is the Eye of Round from the hindquarter.
If you have a nice piece of backstraps that would be even better.
Any good hunk of steak properly cooked will suffice.

Last edited:
That’s a fine looking meal Chile!

I have a few deer steaks buried in my freezer just waiting for me to do something with them, I might have to grill them up and slap some of that sauce on them.

Love the chiles toreados too. A great way to use up extra jalapeños. I usually just salt them, but the cajun spice sure sounds good.

That’s a fine looking meal Chile!

I have a few deer steaks buried in my freezer just waiting for me to do something with them, I might have to grill them up and slap some of that sauce on them.

Love the chiles toreados too. A great way to use up extra jalapeños. I usually just salt them, but the cajun spice sure sounds good.
Appreciate it xray.
I eat chile toreados with most any grilled steaks,love my chiles.

Don't know how I originally missed this thread, but that's one Hell of a great looking dish Chile and well deserving of a like.

Blackberries are my favorite to use in fruit based sauces and your dish reminded me of an outstanding one I had many years ago at a restaurant in Mexico City, wild boar tenderloin medallions with an ancho-blackberry sauce that was over the top. I was mildly acquainted with the chef who was kind enough to share a rough version of the sauces ingredients and process. After some further research and experimenting, I pretty much nailed it. I used the sauce quite a bit over the years, but haven't thought about it for a while until I saw this thread. I'll definitely be going to the grocery to get the ingredients to make a batch up tomorrow.

Reactions: chilerelleno
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky