Venison bologna without casings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rippy

Original poster
Dec 29, 2018
Hey everyone I’m new here and to smoking and have a question on doing my bologna. I have 5lbs of pure venison mixed with tender quick sitting in the fridge waiting to add everything else tomorrow.I normally make it in the oven wrapped in foil but now going to try it in a electric 30”master built smoker making my logs 2”x12 without casings.My questions are what temp should I be smoking at and is this even going to work without casings? Thanks for any help you guys and gals can give

Don't forget to thank bear when you see him . Let us know how it turns out . Hope you are adding some fat to the mix .

I will and I never have before I’m already committed on this round

Venison bacon is another thing for ground meat. Search on here a lot of people have posted it.

At first, when I heard this, I thought, eww, they are slicing fatty venison flanks and cooking it, but that is not the case. It looks really good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky