• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Vegetarian Pulled Pork

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 4, 2014
That's great!  I'll try this sometime just to say I did!

Points for the show and creativity.

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 17, 2013
Never have tried jack fruit before. Is there something that it is comparable to?

booplesmoke

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 15, 2016
Never have tried jack fruit before. Is there something that it is comparable to?
I've never had anything like it. Make sure you get young jackfruit in water. Grown jackfruit actually tastes like fruit but the young doesn't taste like much at all. Maybe a little like hearts of palm??

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 17, 2013
I've never had anything like it. Make sure you get young jackfruit in water. Grown jackfruit actually tastes like fruit but the young doesn't taste like much at all. Maybe a little like hearts of palm??
Thanks. If I can find some in my area I may have to try this. Have never really done any vegetarian dishes but I would be willing to give it a shot.

gearjammer

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 6, 2015
I'm a meatatarian, but this deserves points

for creativity and presentation.

Points to you.

Ed

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Way cool! Points for teaching me something new!

Disco

booplesmoke

Fire Starter
Joined Sep 15, 2016
So I just tried something new and it came out even better. I combined all of the ingredients "sauce included" and wrapped it in banana leaves. The flavor from the leaves were awesome, uniquely sweet :).

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.