Vacuum sealer bags.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

muddydogs

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 19, 2016
Ogden Utah
So I have been using Nutri-Lock rolls and have went through a few 100 feet of the stuff. Last week I opened a new 2 roll package of the 8" stuff and couldn't get a good vacuum on pork belly bacon pieces. Well I thought it was the Foodsaver unit itself but today I was vacuuming some Costco meat and found that my vac sealer doesn't seem to have a problem vacuuming Foodsaver quart bags but won't pull a vacuum on the Nutri-Lock bags.

So now I'm wondering if it's the bag material or if my vac sealer is just getting weak? The sealer seems to be pulling a good seal with the Foodsaver bags but it might not be as strong as it once was?

So what do you guys think?

Well, I'm cheap and retired. So I tend to gravitate towards that deep end of the pond.
Mine is a Ziplock from Kmart. If it breaks, I'll toss it.
You are sure the Nutri-Locks are well sealed before you try puling them, and everything else is hunky-dory with the sealer?

If you have the duckettes, you could jump to a chamber sealer model. Then never look back. :rolleyes:

The Nutri lock weren't an issue for the first 300 or so feet of bag material.
I was all set to purchase a new vac sealer but would hate to dump $350 on a good one then find out its the bag material.

When you make the bag length , do a double seal on the same spot . See if that helps .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky