UpNSmoken in Rochester Mi.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

upnsmoken

Original poster
Dec 18, 2013
Long time smoker first time poster, from Rochester MI.  I have been smokin with Propane and wood smokers for several years and have pretty much given up any other way to prepare ribs and love my brisket.  Anyway I have a Kamado grill I do some BQue in with a smokers bent and a propane Smokey Mountain, I break out for get togethers and anytime I want to smoke a large amount of meat.  Just purchased an electric smoker and hope to expand my smoking to the cold months, just too long to go with out good ribs. The electric is a 40 inch Landmann insulated with a glass door so I can sit and admire my meat, just love to contemplate that smokey goodness.  I am hoping that bringing the smoker in my garage and the insulated smoker will allow me a few more months of good eating.  Fascinated with the talk of replacing water with sand, I thought the water in my propane and electric smoker replaced the 30% water by weight contained in wood when using non-water bearing fuel.  Would love to hear your opinion, good smokin. 
thumb1.gif

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome to the group!  You'll find that this is a great place to share ideas on smoking, grilling, etc.  There are plenty of folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky