Uploading pictures

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
They will upload faster if you have the capability of resizing the pictures.... I resize mine because I have my camera set for HD and the pixel count is too high in a full size picture... Note the resize function in the window... makes a big difference in downloading or uploading or what ever the heck it is....

2018-04-13.png

Reactions: bdskelly
Thanks for the tip Dave I’ll go to the App Store and get a photo edit app. Happy Saturday buddy. B

Just a little feature and clearing up what may be confusing. So you can upload pictures a few ways depending if its a file from your computer or from a site like Flickr. So if your using the IMG tag you can just put it in with the text. You can use the picture icon
View attachment 339222
Then paste the url in the box that pops up.

But if you want to upload a bunch of pictures from your computer you can either click "upload a file" below the text box or click and drop them in the text box.
View attachment 339221
Here is where I think this is a cool feature. Once you have attached all the picture you want they will show in a box below the text box.
View attachment 339223
What this allows you to do is type your thread then just go to this box and click on either full image or thumbnail and it will insert the picture right where your typing.
View attachment 339224

So like I said this is a cool feature in my opinion. I hope this helps and doesn't confuse anyone.

Also if you do not insert the images into the text then it will just show the file as an attachment instead of inserted into the text.

Brian
Brian , this is a timely post because I wanted to upload a full size photo for a recent post but could only upload it as a thumbnail. Following your instructions I just converted the thumbnail photo into a full size one.

test

Attachments

• young deer ham.jpg
    young deer ham.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 32
I was able to figure out how to post a full-size photo. But now I forgot what I did so I have to figure it out again.

This next problem to solve is how to cancel a draft. I don't see that option anymore.

Just ran into this Thread:
Brings back memories of my first day on this New Platform.
Were it not for Brian Mudd talking me through my first couple Pics, I don't know how I would have gotten them posted!!!
About a week later & about 400 Pictures that week, I got it down pat.:D

Thanks Again Brian,
Bear

I was able to figure out how to post a full-size photo. But now I forgot what I did so I have to figure it out again.

This next problem to solve is how to cancel a draft. I don't see that option anymore.

Can't you just delete everything in the Reply Box?
Then if you already hit "post reply", the empty box will be on the forum until a Mod deletes it.
And if you didn't already hit "Post Reply" you can just move on.

Bear

I don't think there's a way to get rid of a draft. I've tried numerous times - unsuccessfully. Let us know if you figure it out. Full size photo's from a computer just drag and drop them into your thread and click full size. Off a phone can't help you out sorry.

Chris

Then if you already hit "post reply", the empty box will be on the forum until a Mod deletes it.

Bear

I'm going to test that out. I've tried it before with this new system, deleting the text, but when I returned to the window the text had reinstated itself. I was trying to avoid posting empty text boxes but I'll give it a try in a sec. But you remember the old Cancel Draft button (or whatever it was called), don't you?

Bear
Nope, the system won't allow you to post a box without any text. I guess I could just type in an emoji or write "goober" or something instead.

Nope, the system won't allow you to post a box without any text. I guess I could just type in an emoji or write "goober" or something instead.

OK---Just put an Asterisk in.
That will hold it until a Mod can get rid of it.
It's better than posting something you don't want seen.

Like say you cussed me out, but then thought about it & remembered "Bear's a Nice guy".
All you have to do is Delete the whole works & put a asterisk there instead.

Or you can just post "Mods, please delete this post."

Thanks,
Sign It

I do remember a Cancel button from somewhere---Is that where it was?

OK---Just put an Asterisk in.
That will hold it until a Mod can get rid of it.
It's better than posting something you don't want seen.

Like say you cussed me out, but then thought about it & remembered "Bear's a Nice guy".
All you have to do is Delete the whole works & put a asterisk there instead.

Or you can just post "Mods, please delete this post."

Thanks,
Sign It

I do remember a Cancel button from somewhere---Is that where it was?
Yep. Thanks to Brian for pointing it out where it is now. But, the old system was much simpler. Microsoft has the same problem with taking a simple to understand system configuration and updating it into something complex with every new Windows OS version.

Yep. Thanks to Brian for pointing it out where it is now. But, the old system was much simpler. Microsoft has the same problem with taking a simple to understand system configuration and updating it into something complex with every new Windows OS version.

That kinda stuff doesn't bother me as much as most, because everything "Computer" is hard for me, until I do it a few times. Even with my Macs.
That's why we have Brian around here. You didn't think he was just here for his good looks, did you?
Just kidding, Brian.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky