Upgrade Issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have the same issue. It's hell to get blind and old.:emoji_angry:

And it's weird when we start bragging about it......
1 facepalm-smiley.gif

I do like the pause/play button for the carousel...but the carousel is unresponsive atm, just sits on the first slide.

I really, REALLY like the up/down arrow button that shows up on the right side of the screen that keeps me from having to scroll all the way up/down a thread to get to the top/bottom. I think it would be better if it was possible to make it "always visible" and did not require a tiny scroll up or down to make it appear. I realize you have to balance screen clutter with available features though. Can you make it appear when you hover over the right scroll bar?

FWIW - the carousel starting moving when it warmed up today...I am sure there is a correlation haha

Is it me or my Computer that makes the Pics in the Carousel Zoomed in way too much.
I like things zoomed in (Used to call the zoomed in Pics "BearView"), but not this far. The shot of my plate only shows about 1/3 of the PR slice, On the Stop Sign Pic, all I see is the white letters in "STOP", and I only see about 1/4 of the wall of that Wood Smoke House.
If there's something I can do tell me what it is.

Bear

Reactions: fivetricks
I also got only the lines of code a couple days ago, but that seems to have been fixed.
The only other thing I notice now is that I'm getting completely bombarded with ads, which never used to happen before. Both on the website, and as pop-ups.

On my Galaxy S7 I got a message that I couldn't screen shoot quick enough regarding Chrome was shut down due to an embedded script so it couldn't harm my device. This happened when the platform a couple years ago changed and the five virus scareware pop up was rampant that was embedded in an ad or something. I had to become a premier member to get rid of scareware and that expired this Spring. Everything has been fine with the ads from Spring till today but coincidentally something similar is occuring with this update/ads and something embedded in one or more that just happened today.

Even though I check the "keep me logged in box" I still have to log in every time come to the forum.
I'm using Firefox on a laptop pc.
Are any of you having the same problem?

Like others have mentioned, the carousel pic's are zoomed in way to much. other then that I got no issues.

I also have to log in every time. It's aggravating.

I never log out when I change to another web site. and have keep me logged in checked

Last edited:
Does this new upgrade seem slower to anybody else - it's almost like there's a delay in reaction time especially when logging out?

Outside of trying to figure out the best way to navigate the new look, I'm fine with it. I see we lost the "Members" link or is it now hidden somewhere? Also I still can't this new upgrade to work on my rotary phone :emoji_disappointed::emoji_laughing:.

Chris

Reactions: forktender
Don't log out usually, no need to sign in again using kindle. It is a bit slower, carousel is zoomed in , and red print is difficult to read.

Gonna be hard to please everyone overall , but getting some of the kinks out.
Nice work !!!

Edit:
One other that would be nice is the locations of members without clicking avatar.

Last edited:
Reactions: daveomak
When I logged in today the Forum button at the top was highlighted. When I click on the Home button nothing happens. Is that supposed to be that way?

Those RED letters are a bugger to see... Can you change them to something with a bit more contrast please.... White would be good.... The white letters could be changed to orange...View attachment 410753

I can't hardly tell what the red letters say, even with my reading glasses on. Glad to now know it's just old age. RAY

Reactions: daveomak
Even though I check the "keep me logged in box" I still have to log in every time come to the forum.
I'm using Firefox on a laptop pc.
Are any of you having the same problem?
I'm having the same problem here ,using Firefox also never had to log in before

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky