(updated with new pics)First post. Thick chuck ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ThickRibs

Original poster
Oct 21, 2019
IMG_20191021_154705.jpg
Hello all,
This is a 4 bone rack of chuck ribs I just picked up ,it weighs about 6.3lbs. This will be my first attempt at beef ribs.Picked them up at $3.29 a lb. Any Idea on how long these will take at 275f?

jcam222 jcam222 just posted a thread of a cook he did on these that turned out fantastic! If I read right I believe it said 6 hours at 275-300. Look forward to seeing the finished product!

View attachment 409004 Hello all,
This is a 4 bone rack of chuck ribs I just picked up ,it weighs about 6.3lbs. This will be my first attempt at beef ribs.Picked them up at $3.29 a lb. Any Idea on how long these will take at 275f?
Man $3.29 a lbs!! I thought I did good at $3.99. Mine were pretty comparable to this in thickness. I did about 4 hours at 275F while applying smoke and cruised up to 300F to finish. Was somewhere between 6 and 6 1/2 hours. I did not wrap, spritzed every 45,minutes or so starting about the 3 hour mark. Looking forward to seeing yours ready to eat!

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'll be putting these in tommorow and will be sure to add pics when it's finished. jcam222 jcam222 I got these at restaurant Depot they have killer deals

Reactions: jcam222
View attachment 409004 Hello all,
Wow were did you get them. Have a hard time finding them with the meat. And that price....suggest you play the lottery...cause that is a winner.
kit

Wow were did you get them. Have a hard time finding them with the meat. And that price....suggest you play the lottery...cause that is a winner.
kit
kit s kit s picked them up at restaurant depot. You can get in with a day pass with your kcbs membership :)

Reactions: kit s
Yea how about some photo's of them done!!
They got to be awesome!
I just saw them in the mod section, approved & they look real good!!!
Al

Yea how about some photo's of them done!!
They got to be awesome!
Al
I have the pictures posted but they are waiting for moderator approval. They are delicious and I highly recommend giving them a shot if you haven't cooked any before

Those certainly are some nice and thick Chuck Short Ribs, I look forward to seeing them done.

Yah John, look at what you went and started. You got everybody and their brother, including me, doing these monster ribs...and all I can say is kudos to you sir!! There have been some amazing and very enjoyable threads recently featuring them It's been a ton of fun.

ThickRibs ThickRibs , congrats on a fantastic first cook. Very well done!!

Still have 20# of them in the freezer,
Robert

Reactions: ThickRibs
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky