Update on Beer B-Q Paul 11/7

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by scarbelly, Nov 7, 2011.

1. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I spoke to Kathryn for about 30 minutes today and things seem to be improving a bit. He had gained about 40 # in the other hospital from the drugs and inactivity so they had a hell of a time moving him around. He is now in a rehab facility and is getting much better treatment.

During his several falls, he hurt his knee so they did an XRAY of that today to see if they can figure out what is wrong. He also hurt his big toe somehow and the nail is all black and he will most likely loose it.
    He has a big water blister on his leg from the fall so they are trying to keep it from bursting and getting infected.

Regarding the MAS - these doctors want to wait a few days and take another XRAY as they think it could have been a blood clot that his body may have healed from when he bumped into something before going to the hospital.

She really wanted me to thank all of you for the thoughts and prayers for both of them. I expect I will hear from her in a couple of days and will keep you all posted.   

2. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Thanks for the update Gary. It seems like it's all good from here. Except he'll have to go on a diet & loose that 40#. Bummer. Please give him & his wife our best! He is still in our thoughts & prayers.

3. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Thanks for keeping us informed Gary.

4. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Thanks Gary for keeping us updated.

5. tulsajeff

tulsajeff Master of the Pit Staff Member Administrator OTBS Member

Gary, I really appreciate you keeping us apprised of Paul's condition. We will certainly keep the prayers headed upward until he is back on his feet again and in better health.

6. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Thanks Gary

7. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Trish and I are still sending prayers. We hope it turns out to be OK and he improves with the Rehab.

Stan and Trish   aka   oldschool

8. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Thanks for the update and prayers are sent

9. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

More prayers for a great guy.

Hope this works out better.