Upcoming Holidays

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

winsa12

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 2, 2018
If I want to do a Rib Roast or Tenderloin for Christmas (maybe Thanksgiving) is now the time to buy? I'd be going to Costco, if that matters. General assumptions of course, but do prices go up that time of year?

Around here (Denver), rib roasts go on sale at the grocery stores near the holidays. And if you can wait until after, they are marked down quite a bit.

Reactions: smokerjim
Totally agree with Eddie, wait until a week or so before the holiday. That's when they go on sale around here. Beef ribs suddenly show up about the same time also.

Chris

Denver Metro...

What is a good/normal per pound price for Prime Ribeye Roast? And Prime Tenderloin Roast? In general are you getting a better price at a grocery store (in my case Safeway or King Soopers) than at Costco?

I think a lot of it just depends on where you are. Denver meat prices are probably a lot different than East TN prices. IMO you are going to get better meat at Costco(they carry a lot of prime cuts) than you are at the supermarket but you will end up getting better deals at the supermarket when they run their weekly sales. I got choice packer briskets for $1.99 lb at krogers a couple months ago.

Prime briskets are great and all but I almost always buy choice and am happy with it!

If I remember right I the grocery stores around here were selling prime ribeye roasts for $5.99-$6.99lb around the holidays.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky