Unique appetizer ideas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

heavyd4561

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 12, 2017
Looking for some unique ideas for appetizers off the smoker. I mean how many abt’s and moink balls can you make?

any and all suggestions welcome

Reactions: JLeonard
Both of these are great, the 'BBQ Biscuit Bombs' cut in half or thirds would be heavy hors d'oeuvres.
The 'Sweet and Spicy Thangs' as I've taken to calling them are really good.

Really easy to make are Pulled Pork Sliders on Kings Hawaiian rolls.

Not off the smoker, but...
A nice Charcuterie Board is always nice.
Meats, cheeses, nuts, olives, grapes, crackers and whatnot.
A self serve Bruschetta is nice too.
The classic Spinach or Artichoke dip with various crackers.

Quail poppers, I had a friend give me a bunch of quail this weekend. I see them posted a lot in a Facebook group I belong to. Majority of them are from Texas.

These are great for having around , and you can do them ahead of time . I use up the bottom of all the chip bags . Cheez its , pretzels , gold fish crackers . Whatever gets left behind .

Bacon wrapped onion rings.
Glad you posted this. I’ve seen them posted on here and want to try them. Completely forgot those.
Hell yeah, I forgot about those too.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcam222
I’ve been making this for years & it’s so easy, but everybody likes it. All I do is get a pkg of cream cheese & let it soften up on the counter, then add some COARSE black pepper & mix it up real well & let it set up in the fridge for a few hours. I can tell you it will be devoured on crackers in about 30 minutes.
We like the Sea salt crunchmasters crackers for this. I use a lot of pepper, but you can judge it by taste when you are making it.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky