Undocumented cooks.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

normanaj

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 2, 2014
Rhode Island
I don't always document my cooks because a lot of times I simply make the same thing and its been posted before.Well yesterday I did St.Louis ribs just like I've done a hundred times before but this time they were truly over the top.I did them the same as usual...Jeff's rub minus most of the salt and about half the paprika,3hours in the MES at 235 with a 6" tube packed with apple dust,an hour and a half in a covered foil pan with the magic Ocean Spray 100% Cran/Blackberry and then back into the smoker sauced with RC cola and an equal amount of Melindas Habenero ketchup for about an hour.The only difference I can come up with is that they came from Aldis instead of Market Basket.The only pic I have is this from this morning which is the ones I took to work for lunch.

Attachments

• 20220402_173524.jpg
    20220402_173524.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 31
Looks really good from my screen Norm, I don't post all my smokes for the very same reason - redundancy. However I will post some of them at various times just in case a newbie is looking for help.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: chopsaw
Looking good! Haha, yes, it’d get hard to post every cook! Ribs look great though!

Those Ribs look real Pretty, Norm!! Like.

I post most stuff I do, because there are Newbies coming into SMF every day, and I'm not too sure how long I'll be able to do this stuff, even in my Ninja. I'm teaching Mrs Bear how to use it, but I won't be posting any more cooks, once she starts doing them.

Bear

They look great Norm . I like the saucing choice too . I've been using Mike's hot honey .

Great looking ribs. I have been working like a dog for while and havent really cooked up much. Got the whole weekend off coming up. Gonna do some yard work and smoke something.
Jim

I don’t post everything I do but I do post most things. That said I’m usually looking to put a mew spin on either the cook or a way to use something that was cooked.

Reactions: chopsaw
I'll save some cooks for times when the server gets slow . Always seems to to kick start things . I try not to bump others down the list . I always look at that before I post .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky