Uncle Goldie's Fruit Liqueur

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This is so cool, I have been looking into doing something very similar to is....... And now to find some information :yahoo: Thanks ShoneyBoy

This is so cool, I have been looking into doing something very similar to is....... And now to find some information
yahoo.gif
Thanks ShoneyBoy
Glad it helps. These are pretty good too Shoney. Just don't forget to let everything smooth before you drink it, makes huge difference.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/143329/homemade-tia-maria

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/143662/uncle-goldies-irish-cream

And it was a great year for Cherry bounce too!

Cherry Bounce is more a name than a thing, if I met 100 people who have made cherry bounce, no two are the same.

Glad it brought a fond memory, and happy belated Christmas Cecil.

Its already That time of the year! Even though I no longer plant a garden, friends we've shared with forever still drop by. The strawberry festival was two weeks ago and I seem to have grown two flats on the back deck next to the door....... I'll have to fix a care package of sausage and andouille for someone!

The flats were long flats. The above is about 1/2 of one. AND ............... That isn't trick photography, or strawberries grown without taste to just look pretty for Chefs and photographers. Those were the large ones out the 1/2 of the first flat.

Strawberry pies, strawberry cake (and its a damn good moist one),  but first things first....... a few jars were filled!

I just had to share! Prices should be dropping in the stores. 

Foamy..... Did "Uncle Goldie" photo shop those berry pictures.... He's darn good at it...... they look real.... I'd hate myself if I called BS on such an outstanding personality like UG... Is it the angle of the camera ?? or the effects of UG's "Golden Liquers"... I need a sample....

awesome thread. Love it.

I make killer sour cherry liqueur every fall.  always knock your socks off good.  

Nice Foamie! Thanks for sharing that, I may have to give it a try....
Yes Sir, I an trying to cut back. Why? Because all the little old church ladies were dropping by to check on us and to see how the fruit juices were coming along!! LOL

I really need to find a source for Peaches this year! Boy the peach rum is really good.

Aren't those pretty strawberries though?

Foamy..... Did "Uncle Goldie" photo shop those berry pictures.... He's darn good at it...... they look real.... I'd hate myself if I called BS on such an outstanding personality like UG... Is it the angle of the camera ?? or the effects of UG's "Golden Liquers"... I need a sample....
Those strawberries are for real! You couldn't get two of them in a coffee cup. Juicy and Aromatic!! Surprisingly very very few bug bites.

Strawberry pie! Strawberry Cake! Strawberry bread pudding! Oooooo......... and I have the best strawberry ice cream recipe too, but I am thinking all I own is hand cranks. ROFLMAO...... Maybe I finally deserve an electric ice cream machine. I wonder if I could just buy the electric motor driver for my White Mountain bucket?

Of course I can't complain about the liqueur either and it don't need parts.....LOL

Now them are some Strawberries Foam ! Wow, some big ones too for sure ! Now as far as that U.G. Fruit Liqueur, not sure ya should be partaking of that stuff.... I'll p.m. ya my address & make sure it gets disposed of properly ! :biggrin: All seriousness, great thread Sir, very nice !

awesome thread. Love it.

I make killer sour cherry liqueur every fall.  always knock your socks off good.  
I am always surprised how many folks don't know that Louisiana has native cherry trees. If we wouldn't have made cherry bounce, it would have been blackberry wine, or no doubt we'd figured out some way to use Satsuma's in making booze. Of course with all the sugar produced in the state we could nearly go in any direction.

Ok post up the strawberry cake recipe. My grandmother used to make one every year after my uncle brought back strawberries from the festival in La. It was a white cake base but loaded with strawberry juice and bits of strawberry so it was pink, with a great strawberry icing. No one has been able to find a recipe since she passed, so not sure she had one, probably did it by memory.

She also did a strawberry angel food cake where she cooked the angel food cake then tore it into small pieces and put back together with a glaze made with strawberry jello and fresh strawberries. My mom has the recipe for that one and I need to get it.

Nannie (my grandmother) made me the angel food one for my birthday when I was around 5 or 6. I didnt realize it wasn't all mine. When she found me an hour later with the empty cake plate she wasn't happy, but went ahead and made another cake for supper that night. I didn't want Strawberry Angel food cake for years after that

I am always surprised how many folks don't know that Louisiana has native cherry trees. If we wouldn't have made cherry bounce, it would have been blackberry wine, or no doubt we'd figured out some way to use Satsuma's in making booze. Of course with all the sugar produced in the state we could nearly go in any direction.
I'm in the middle of Canada, but even I know cherries are big in LA.

I used an extra dry aged white rum and white sugar with pitted tree ripened sour cherries, I don't pick them until they are almost as dark as sweet cherries.

I add the pits back in in a cheesecloth sac. It's soooooo good.   I use the pitted cherries after to make dessert topping, drink garnishes, black forest cake.  or out of the jar with a spoon.

I am def going to try your peach recipe this year. It sounds awesome!!!!!!!

Now them are some Strawberries Foam ! Wow, some big ones too for sure ! Now as far as that U.G. Fruit Liqueur, not sure ya should be partaking of that stuff.... I'll p.m. ya my address & make sure it gets disposed of properly !
biggrin.gif
All seriousness, great thread Sir, very nice !
Actually it surprised me because its now nearly as toxic as I expected. Its more like a fortified wine. yes, like having a homemade fortified wine. Its sweet, a match wouldn't ignite it, I don't think, if it would, man a fire in that part of the kitchen would be catastrophic !! LOL

The picture, the 2 qts. and the pint & a half jar might make 1 qt of liqueur.

Its been only another week! I put up a few more since the last pictures. It seems to smooth really quick too! I mean it gets moch smoother I wouldn't be able to type!

Here is what is left of a bottle the neighbor brought over from his last years production, he wanted to swap! His is dry but it would have been excellent had I not tasted my fruit liqueur. I think he must have felt the same way.... LOL

I put up in the cabinet a few of these 1/2 gallon jugs. Something about these jugs seemed appropriate.

Look at that color, the clarity. I seriously wish I could give everyone a taste just so I could gloat. I did good this year!

I called some friends I used to share strawberries with and helped start there own gardens. I have not given up on getting the end of the year berries.

That is so beautiful I wish I had better camera expertise.

That's it, the bulk of the strawberry crop has been bottled, anxiously awaiting the peach or muscadines next I guess.

Look at that color, the clarity. I seriously wish I could give everyone a taste just so I could gloat. I did good this year!

It's beautiful... great clarity..... I wish I was there with you... a taste would be temptation.... Go ahead and gloat.... You did really good......

Yes sir, I told ya I'd find some more....... They are a bit small and not as juicy but maybe if I add some sugar........

I saved about three pints of the biggest prettiest thinking a pie or maybe a Cajun cheese cake!

That equals to, 1/2 gallon of vodka and 1/2 gallon of Capt. Morgan's!

Last edited:
Ok, I have put up a nice batch of the strawberry. Someone, I know not who left a bushel basket of peaches and nectarines on the porch, found 'em when I got up today. So of course first goes into the jars, maybe some jelly or even some pies! But first the jars!!

They coulda been bought, they are too pretty to be just picked in the back yard.

That's 2 gallons of vodka, Last year I used Captain Morgan's. It was good, I had the rum here, but the vodka I like cause it has no taste at all. I can spice it if I want too later. Besides I like the rum and hate to use it.

I went a bit overboard I know, because the spiced peach last year was totally awesome in iced tea.

Long Island are got nothing on the Mississippi River!

Muhahahahaha!!!!!

I really hope some of you are trying this! Its like smoking, its really a great way to make something delicious out of something good.

In three months............ Ooo La La, Bon je guaranty il

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky