UMAi Spanish Chorizo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I will still be around.
My wifes sister who is German said to me. Folks dont make the things you do, we just go buy it.....Well sis your in the family business now so get your cranking arm ready....Lol

I dont own any cold weather clothes, not even for doing some house work up in NEPA.....Yikes

Reactions: chopsaw
Hey Rick stay over another week and come to the PA Gathering we'll give you a farewell party. October 5 - 7 at Adams.

Warren
My wife has to be back to her job at the resort on Sept 30.

I been doing this for quit while now. Normally i squeeze test. I did a tag and weigh on these for the new members.
Started these on Aug 23. As of today i'm looking at 13% weight loss. Still not firm in the middles. UMAi bags normal and doing their thing. Hope they will be done by the 18th when we head up to NEPA. Hate the thought of going up there for the week..Yuk but gotta list the house for sale.

umspchor15.jpg

You could always drop them off on the way by. I have a fridge
Your half way on the other side of the state, i would have to drive deeper into yankeeville...lol

Today looking real good. UMAi bags have done their thing and completely pulled away from the meat. Squeeze in the middle is firm however i'm going to go another 3-4 days.

umspchor99.jpg

Looks great, nepas. Found a chunk of this pushed back in my fridge. It’s about a year and a half old. It’s vacuumed packed and still looks good. Will have to try.

Squeeze test says get me out of the UMAi.
unumspch.jpg

I cut the ends off before vac sealing. Here is a small slice.
Vac seal will take over now. I have a pulse vac on my 260, this way the vac dont pull any moisture from the chubs.
chms.jpg

Back in the fridge for couple hours before i label. Its pretty warm today even with the AC on.
vacumspch.jpg

N, They look delicious, I hope they taste as good as they look! I'm starting my chorizo in the am ,hopefully it comes out as well as yours ! like

Thanks Y'all

Our move to be German residents may not happen. Tooth broken of the moving gear.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky