UMAi Spanish Chorizo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sorry to hear about your change in moving plans but then again that means you will still be around. That's a good thing would miss your input and comments.

Warren

Finally getting the spanish chorizo ready for the final dry time in paper bags. Going to the bbq in Nov.
umdrch1.jpg
umdrch2.jpg

Reactions: crazymoon
I know this is an older post, but, I making this tomorrow and want to make sure I have things right.
Steps:
Grind meat through course plate
Mix spices...Sticky consistency?
Add bactoferm
Stuff tubes and hang to ferment...+/-72 hrs
Refrigerate til 35-40% weight loss
Vac seal and back in fridge....for how long?
Then last dry in paper bags....again how long?

Sorry to ask so many questions. Just trying to get this right so maybe not so many questions next time :emoji_smile:. Appreciate all that is shared here, sure makes things easier. Thanks.

BR, I use a 3/8 plate for grinding.mix until the meat sticks to your hand,don't overmix.Don't forget cure #2 .I hang for 3 days at around 70 degrees in the closet,you don't want drafts.Weigh immediately after stuffing before hanging.Put on a rack in fridge so air is on all sides of your sausage, I go about 33-35% loss. Nepas does the bag trick for a week , I just cut into sections and vac seal and refrigerate until eaten.

Thanks crazymoon. That's about the plan of attack I had. I noticed he actually vac sealed twice. Once after achieving weight loss and then for storage. It was the first one I was curious about. Thanks.

Reactions: crazymoon
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky