Umai Salumi Bags Uneven Drying

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cpanderson

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 10, 2019
Corona, CA
I have some spanish chorizo going in the fridge and it seem that some of the chorizo is losing water weight faster than others. Is this to be expected? I also have one that the umai bag has not released from the meat and it feels soft... should I throw it out or just let it keep going as long as it takes. I will post some pictures later when I get home, but just looking for input. I hung them in double sausages with twist ties at the ends, but I think next time I will do each one individually, as it doesn't make for an accurate weight reading if the two that are connected are losing weight at different rates.

Yes its normal. The meat will shrink from the bag, again normal. Yes single UMAi chubs work better for drying. Make sure you have them on some sort of rack for even air circulation in your fridge.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky