UDS Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

YoYo-

Original poster
Mar 25, 2018
Got my uds finished but I have a quick question. What do you guys do to clean out the inside after the initial burnout? I saw a video where they said to clean with comet. I figured I would hose it out with water then season right away. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 9F3D0A17-FC3A-4CB9-BCD1-338EB51D035E.jpeg
    9F3D0A17-FC3A-4CB9-BCD1-338EB51D035E.jpeg
    189.9 KB · Views: 22
My suggestion would be whatever you do , do it quickly. Mine is the worlds longest UDS build and I really regret it. After burnout I waited too long and it rusted up really bad. Then I decided to get it sandblasted to save me some work, HaHaHa, worse! By the time my welding was done and the exterior primed I ended up hand sanding anyway.Good luck to ya!
Dale

Just dish soap and water should be all you need after the initial burn out. Then quickly follow up with a few hours of smoke for seasoning.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky