• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

UDS Question

YoYo-

Joined Mar 25, 2018
Got my uds finished but I have a quick question. What do you guys do to clean out the inside after the initial burnout? I saw a video where they said to clean with comet. I figured I would hose it out with water then season right away. Thoughts?

Attachments

pyro513

Joined Aug 31, 2016
My suggestion would be whatever you do , do it quickly. Mine is the worlds longest UDS build and I really regret it. After burnout I waited too long and it rusted up really bad. Then I decided to get it sandblasted to save me some work, HaHaHa, worse! By the time my welding was done and the exterior primed I ended up hand sanding anyway.Good luck to ya!
Dale

oldsmokerdude

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2018
Just dish soap and water should be all you need after the initial burn out. Then quickly follow up with a few hours of smoke for seasoning.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.